Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any Howard Stern listeners out there?

• 17-05-2013 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I am a huge, huge fan and I've found it difficult to find anyone else who listens.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 The Man They Couldnt

I don't listen regularly but I watch some of his interviews on Youtube, he does good hour long ones. The only other thing he seems to do is put girls on an orgasm machine haha

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

I'm about getting drunk, I'm about having fun, I'm about having a good time, I'm about meeting girls, I'm about meeting guys and who ever doesn't like it can go fuyk themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 sineadmc701

Let's **** some wh0res!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Yeah I listen to interviews and 'bits' on Youtube mostly, Benjy has a channel that he updates regularly with up to date stuff.

I've always enjoyed his style, I even like Robin as well. :pac:

However I think the show has suffered a little in recent years since Artie Lange had his incident. Stern needs somebody to fill that role again. Although he's nearly 60 at this stage and I could see him possibly retiring in the next couple of years when the current deal runs out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Yeah I listen to interviews and 'bits' on Youtube mostly, Benjy has a channel that he updates regularly with up to date stuff.

I've always enjoyed his style, I even like Robin as well. :pac:

However I think the show has suffered a little in recent years since Artie Lange had his incident. Stern needs somebody to fill that role again. Although he's nearly 60 at this stage and I could see him possibly retiring in the next couple of years when the current deal runs out.

I think his deal runs out in 2015 and he's been talking about starting his own Satellite thing. He recently lost a case against Sirius didnt he?

Still love the show, but I'd agree that it's lost something since Artie left. I reckon he'll be back someday though. I actually don't mind Robin, I know a lot of people hate her, but I think Howard needs her. By all accounts though she's not well at all, the cancer is spreading. :(

• Advertisement

Jason Todd wrote: »
    I think his deal runs out in 2015 and he's been talking about starting his own Satellite thing. He recently lost a case against Sirius didnt he?

Still love the show, but I'd agree that it's lost something since Artie left. I reckon he'll be back someday though. I actually don't mind Robin, I know a lot of people hate her, but I think Howard needs her. By all accounts though she's not well at all, the cancer is spreading. :(

Do you have any sources about Robin's health? All I have read it that there was a tumour, how do you know the cancer is spreading?

I only started listening after Artie left. I think it's still great :D

How long have you guys been listening? Did you listen to every show back when Artie was there? I haven't listened to many full shows with Artie there, but I have listened to/watched nearly every clip featuring him on youtube. Plus past interviews where he's there. He was great, but I think he show is still great without him.

and yes he did just recently lose the lawsuit against Sirius.

Do you have any sources about Robin's health? All I have read it that there was a tumour, how do you know the cancer is spreading?

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message2193563/pg1

It's still only rumours but there was leaked documents which are indicating it has spread and you'll see how a lot of things add up by people's comments. Fingers crossed, she'll make a full recovery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

No, but I've heard so much about him over the years that I should really make more of an effort to listen in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Some youtube channels:
    39mozzer
    AcidIntellects
    AmusedT0Death
    bignosedbastard
    Clausfarre
    complexkid
    CpowersDMB1
    cpuss
    ericthebedhumper2
    fadetoblack2308
    Fox Mulder
    Handsome00Brilliant
    imProphetMuhammad
    IWantYouToGoToJail
    killpigfuker
    lllogicaI
    Mark Pontius
    MarvelComics1985
    MasterTubeTheatre
    minitaco100
    mnkycmkydu
    MrBeefThermometer
    nauris705
    nauris708
    Ozwald Zissou
    PrimoPeteRockDilla
    RadioBlooie
    rynos13
    shaneomtl2
    shaneomtl3
    shaneomtl5
    toxicwastebuildup
    uncensoredstern

• Advertisement

I presume there's podcasts on tunein as well?

I might have a look at bedtime, instead of sticking on BBC4 as usual.

No there's nothing on TuneIn. That's an EXTENSIVE list of yt channels tho :D

Cheers Sinead :)

you're welcome ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭LeakyGee

HELP:

How can you listen to this show ?

Is there a live stream online ? ( I can't find one on the website)

Have you to pay to listen ?

Cheers .....

I'm so glad you asked :)

The main source I used is a twitter user: twitter.com/sterngeek they post the show right after it finishes, which has been at around 3 or 4pm our time. Whenever there is a show.
    Then there is sterngeek.com and "sterngeek freeshows" on facebook. Whichever is your preference. It couldn't be easier, and I don't know why they haven't cracked down on this.

And then for old shows, there is a lot on youtube, sometime posted a long list of channels that host them. nauris708 has lots of old shows in full, which is rare.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭LeakyGee

I'm so glad you asked :)

The main source I used is a twitter user: twitter.com/sterngeek they post the show right after it finishes, which has been at around 3 or 4pm our time. Whenever there is a show.
    Then there is sterngeek.com and "sterngeek freeshows" on facebook. Whichever is your preference. It couldn't be easier, and I don't know why they haven't cracked down on this.

Why thank you !!

you're very welcome :) have you ever listened before?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Heym

i am also a big stern fan. its not just the t*ts and a*s jokes (although always funny) but he is a great interviewer and always has exciting guests, and has a real knack at asking decent questions that engages/compels etc.

Thanks for the info!

• Advertisement

He has a way of getting guests (both high and low profile) to answer questions that they came into the interview saying 'they wouldn't answer'. He's a great interviewer imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭JD DABA

Jason Todd wrote: »
    He has a way of getting guests (both high and low profile) to answer questions that they came into the interview saying 'they wouldn't answer'. He's a great interviewer imo.

Yeah like you know I guess theres...yeah ok so theres like some good questions or whatever.

A lot of Stern videos have been removed from youtube in the last week. Ryan Lever a youtube provider of vids is saying Howard TV are cracking down on it. :(

JD DABA wrote: »
    Yeah like you know I guess theres...yeah ok so theres like some good questions or whatever.

:confused:

Anyway, I enjoyed the recent Zach Braff and Jimmy Kimmel/JJ Abrams interviews, if they're still on YouTube I'd recommend them.

A lot of Stern videos have been removed from youtube in the last week. Ryan Lever a youtube provider of vids is saying Howard TV are cracking down on it. :(

That is VERY unfortunate :(

Also, marksfriggin.com is GREAT for checking what goes on in any given show. A complete rundown, to preview what you're about to listen to, or cherry-pick what you want to hear. I always use it.

Also, marksfriggin.com is GREAT for checking what goes on in any given show. A complete rundown, to preview what you're about to listen to, or cherry-pick what you want to hear. I always use it.

Thanks Sinead, must check that out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭Hematocyte

I found him through youtube. There is honestly hundreds&thousands of hours of comedy gold there for anyone inclined to look for it. You've got the wack pack, Sal and Richard , Ronnie the limo driver, Artie Lange etc etc

However by comparison when I first started digging I actually tried listening to some new *full episodes* of his show from start to finish and imho it's unlistenable. It's basically just him sitting on his throne pontificating whilst he's presented with topics or news or guests etc. After 3 hours or so for him complaining and making snide remarks while Robin cackled away in the corner like the sycophant that she is, I was pretty much done.

I've been cherry picking his stuff but I've generally got the impression (both from reading and just listening) that he's pretty much a spent force at this point. He makes no bones about it himself that he actually doesn't like his job and is just there essentially because 'he needs to feel useful'. It shows imho.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Used to listen to HS all the time

Now I listen to Adam Carolla on intune

Hilarious

• Advertisement

Hematocyte wrote: »
    I found him through youtube. There is honestly hundreds&thousands of hours of comedy gold there for anyone inclined to look for it. You've got the wack pack, Sal and Richard , Ronnie the limo driver, Artie Lange etc etc

However by comparison when I first started digging I actually tried listening to some new *full episodes* of his show from start to finish and imho it's unlistenable. It's basically just him sitting on his throne pontificating whilst he's presented with topics or news or guests etc. After 3 hours or so for him complaining and making snide remarks while Robin cackled away in the corner like the sycophant that she is, I was pretty much done.

I've been cherry picking his stuff but I've generally got the impression (both from reading and just listening) that he's pretty much a spent force at this point. He makes no bones about it himself that he actually doesn't like his job and is just there essentially because 'he needs to feel useful'. It shows imho.

This surprises me somewhat. Granted, I was never really exposed to full shows from... Anything pre-2008 really. Sometimes I listen to them on youtube, but not much. But I think it is still really good, I wouldn't call it unlistenable :(

The uploads have gone a bit quiet on YouTube, not a lot of new content. Does he scale back the show while America's Got Talent is on? I'd like to think not, as afaik they moved the filming to NYC for him as he wouldn't fly to LA.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭davkel

I didn't think anyone else listened to Howard other than myself and my brother. Been listening for the past 5/6 years, I download the shows to my phone the day after they happen. Subscribe to the youtube channel too, there's nothing that compares to it when it comes to radio or podcasts he is the king. Listening to George Tikkei form last weeks episodes it brilliant and have yesterday show which includes Mike Tyson (who since last time has admitted he's not clean) so should be a great show.
    It's good to know i'm not alone out there.

Dude tell me about it. I posted here hoping to find other fans :) I don't listen as much now that I'm in college, it's hard to find the time, I'm back logged on the last 3 or 4 shows. Can't wait til AGT is over so we can have Wednesday shows back.

I'll listen to as many shows as he's willing to do, It probably takes me a week on and off to get through whatever he's done during the week. I'm sitting in work right now and have it on i the background. I will be happy when AGT's over, he did nearly lose me last year when every show was about AGT and a dog that can throw frisbee's or something called an earth harp.
    I think i only started listening because I was looking for some new podcasts a few years ago and ever since then i was hooked, then got my bro hooked, and now it's one of the first things i say to him.

Likewise. There was a GREAT channel on YouTube, Todd packer, that had compilations of characters on the show, eg 'best of ronnie the limo driver'. It was fantastic, but just got taken down over the last month or so. Sickened.
    Did you listen to the recent show where they went in depth into what's been going on with Robin? God that was great, I thought they never would. I've been waiting 14 months for that!!

• Advertisement

they did really well hiding that, I definitiely couldn't tell she wasn't in the studio the whole time, a few of the guests would give it away, but for the most part it was just like she was there. How she only missed 2 shows while travelling around all those doctors and getting all that treatment is beyond me. I blame that trip to peru and those coffee enemas, and green drink, also fair play to her having to listen to lil'mikeys tribute songs everyday before going for a scan or chemotherapy "I just have to listen to this song about my pendulus breasts and then i'll be right with you"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭OU812

Haven't listened to him in about 10 years, but used to listen to him all the time.

You should start again if you have the time, it's more entertaining that most of the stuff on tv, and everything that RTE/today fm or newstalk put out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

I thought I was the only one!

I've been listening since 2003 - I used to download the show from newsgroups in those days. I was a bit obsessive about it for years - not so much since Artie left and the show is rarely live.

The Todd Packer videos are now private I believe. I managed to rip a load of them from youtube before he made them private.

davkel wrote: »
    You should start again if you have the time, it's more entertaining that most of the stuff on tv, and everything that RTE/today fm or newstalk put out there.

I've another guy I listen to who (although Stern is the king), I find more enjoyable. Been listening to him for years & followed him through several station moves.

Similiar format, but better spirited.

• Advertisement

sounds mysterious.

Nah - KZOK Danny Bonaduce former child star, former crack addict, former thief, former homeless person etc etc. Great show.

OU812 wrote: »
    Nah - KZOK Danny Bonaduce former child star, former crack addict, former thief, former homeless person etc etc. Great show.

I've heard of him alright, if you could point me in the direction to download I'll give it a listen.

There's individual podcasts on www.kzok.com, but I subscribe through itunes

OU812 wrote: »

I used to listen to Bonaduce when he was with Adam Carolla. That all ended awkwardly!

I used to listen to Bonaduce when he was with Adam Carolla. That all ended awkwardly!

Gross understatement !!

He has talked about it on air & says that although he understands Carolla's attitude to him (he was foisted on him), that he was a dick to him most of the time. He acknowledges that he was drinking while on the show & although he was never drunk on air (I think he was at least once), that he was never prepared for the show & never stuck around for production meetings.

But... CBS gave him his own show & fired Carolla so there must be more to it.

You should read his book, he tells everything. up to 2001. Actually having checked that, I think it's out of print, he's been talking on air about updating it, which would cover the Carolla show, his previous partner before that, ended badly again (I'm seeing a pattern), he ended up suing her & the show's producers for libel when they talked about him while he was in rehab, she ended up in jail for spousal battery, he's not allowed mention her name or the station.

I find him interesting because he's literally done it all & come through the other side.

He's an entertaining character alright. Must check out the book.

He had a reality show years ago. Breaking Bonaduce. I take it you saw that. Great stuff.

Yeah, saw it. He's said he doesn't remember about half of it as he was drinking heavily at the time & it's painful to watch.

He seems to have found his grounding now with the new wife, he's three years sober & five years clean.

Anyone listen to Artie's current radio show? I'd love for him to make a return to Stern before the deal runs out with Sirius. He's one of the few people who ever brought pure tears to my eyes through joy and laughter. The things this guy would come out with, even Stern would be shocked at times. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭freevoice

Anyone listen to Artie's current radio show? :pac:
    Yea , listen to him a few times .Show changed slightly since Nick left , He has a few funny comedians on interviewing them and sharing stories. I'd say he'll eventually make a guest appearance on the Stern show. Stern show hasn't been the same since Artie left and now that Howard does fewer shows , I turn to Arties show or O&A with Jim Norton .

• Advertisement
Advertisement