Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice please...

Options
  • 18-05-2013 5:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

Hi everyone, just a bit of advice please...

Gonna start weaning my little girl shortly and have found pots that can be sterlised but what about spoons and also are there any cutlery holders that can be sterlised? Or do I not have to sterlise spoons etc?? Little one is 4 months!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

When I weaned my daughter I never sterilized the pots, bowls or cutlery. I just washed them as usual and made sure they were really well rinsed.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 choclate

We put spoons into the steriliser at the start and hot soapy water plus rinse later on. We didnt start weaning until 5- 6 months though so by the time we were hand washing her system was that bit more developed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

we put everything into the sterilizer until about 6 months. started weaning at 4 months...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,540 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I wouldn't bother to much with steriliser, just use the dishwasher to clean the stuff.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I sterilised the spoons and bowls for the girls up until about 12 and 8 months, I get more lax with every child:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement