Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bunting on Sheriff St and around IFSC

Options
  • 18-05-2013 7:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭

I was down around the Sheriff St. - IFSC area yesterday and there is loads of green and white bunting and flags up around the area. Anyone any idea what they are celebrating?

Hope it's a local football team and if it is fair play great to see an area like that which has had do much bad press down through the years unite to decorate and celebrate local success. Shows a real village like atmosphere in that area.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It is a local team. They are playing in the FAI Junior Cup in the Aviva on June 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

spurious wrote: »
    It is a local team. They are playing in the FAI Junior Cup in the Aviva on June 2nd.

Great to see the inner city community supporting their own fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Sherriff vs Killester I believe.

The area is also great for decorating the houses in blue & navy when the Dubs are playing in the Champo. There was lots of bunting out during the Olympics and European championships last summer too. Great community spirit there.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭babaracus

Lloyds pub on Amiens St is similarly festooned in green and white. I think they sponsor them as they had a sign stating as much a few months back which is gone now I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Sherriff vs Killester I believe.

The area is also great for decorating the houses in blue & navy when the Dubs are playing in the Champo. There was lots of bunting out during the Olympics and European championships last summer too. Great community spirit there.

Sheriff v Killbarrack

Great to see the community actively supporting their local lads :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Oops, sorry. I get my "Kils" mixed up sometimes. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Oops, sorry. I get my "Kils" mixed up sometimes. :o

Killester, Killbarrack sure what difference :p

I kid, before anyone hops on that

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Mr Simpson wrote: »
    Killester, Killbarrack sure what difference :p

I kid, before anyone hops on that

Either will get hockeyed out of it anyway. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

My money is on kilbarrack.

Nothing to do with the fact i live nearby ;)

Didn't Kilbarrack win against them in another competition last night?
    Should be a good match. Close, well-matched teams.

• Advertisement
Advertisement