Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No gas bill in months, what to do?

Options
  • 18-05-2013 8:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭

Ok hands up first of all, I let it slip a few times to submit a reading....but I want to deal with it now....

Basically..have been receiving the lekki ok but they havn't sent out a gas bill since last november (i.e. Over the winter!!!)..anyone know what happens if...

1. I carry on for eternity and say nothing to no one!

2. Switch providers!

3. Submit small estimates over the next few months to manage my payments.

4. Ring them up and suss them out before admitting their omission!

Thanks folks..please no moral preaching , just want to know scenarios and the facts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭cloonton

In my experience, OP you might as well pay it cos one way or another they'll catch up with you eventually. I like your idea of "managing" the reading, tho. This! Do this!! ;)
    We had a similar experience a few months ago where we moved into a new place and forgot (ahem) to tell the ESB. That worked grand for a while til one afternoon himself happened to be home when they showed up to cut us off with no warning. They were sound and all, but I wouldn't like to come home to a house with no power unexpectedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Happened to me recently due to a provider switch fiasco.

So Option 5 : call them, get a bill issued and discuss a payment plan if necessary ...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Vico1612 wrote: »
    Happened to me recently due to a provider switch fiasco.

So Option 5 : call them, get a bill issued and discuss a payment plan if necessary ...

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭ameee

happened to me no bill from october until april got one in may for 500 I knew it was coming but seemed so much worse then paying it every two months. You should call them as it will only keep adding up and they will realise eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

cloonton wrote: »
    In my experience, OP you might as well pay it cos one way or another they'll catch up with you eventually. I like your idea of "managing" the reading, tho. This! Do this!! ;)
    Until the meter is read and he'll be billed anyway.
    We had a similar experience a few months ago where we moved into a new place and forgot (ahem) to tell the ESB. That worked grand for a while til one afternoon himself happened to be home when they showed up to cut us off with no warning. They were sound and all, but I wouldn't like to come home to a house with no power unexpectedly.

So you had no problem stealing free electricity while the previous person was being billed for it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Switching providers won't solve your problem as they can get onto ESB Networks and in fairness they are entitled to seek payment for services used,

Contact your provider and workout a payment plan

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Man on Fire

get the bill my bills over the winter were mad money.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

Cabaal wrote: »
    they are entitled to seek payment for services used
    Yeh, they're always trying to screw us!

Advertisement