Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ironman tracking

Options
  • 18-05-2013 8:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭

Anyone know how to track by country on ironman.com. Cant see the option there this yr.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭El Director

There does not seem to be a way to track by country unfortunately. Also...one one split for the bike, the 180k mark. Great :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

There does not seem to be a way to track by country unfortunately. Also...one one split for the bike, the 180k mark. Great :rolleyes:

Seems strange that they dont have a timing mat at the bike turnaround alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Seems strange that they dont have a timing mat at the bike turnaround alright.

It's pretty useless alright for those following.

It's pretty useless alright for those following.

Just hearing swim is halved in meath

• Advertisement

Probably not a topic for this thread but what's the point in halving it? either have a full swim or no swim, it's a lake so it's obviously not down to flow etc?

Probably not a topic for this thread but what's the point in halving it? either have a full swim or no swim, it's a lake so it's obviously not down to flow etc?

Down to cold m the longer u in the greater the risk of hypothermia. Wud rather swim 500 m than none after all it is a triathlon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Abhainn

Colin Pollock going very well out there.
    In 62nd after the bike
    He did a 9:10 in Kalmar in 2012

Owen Martin 1:19 on the swim (non wetsuit) in Texas. Still waiting on bike splits in Lanza.

6.32 for Tango on the bike which is a very good time on that course. Bang on race plan so far. Go fish boy!!

• Advertisement

6:53 bike for kingQuez

Tango just name checked on live coverage...looks like a hot day over there. Dunno how you guys are continuing on in that heat.

Tango just name checked on live coverage...looks like a hot day over there. Dunno how you guys are continuing on in that heat.

Heard that alright, he has 10k to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Heard that alright, he has 10k to go.

How is he holding up on the run? Can't seem to track on my phone

mloc123 wrote: »
    How is he holding up on the run? Can't seem to track on my phone

Pace slipping out to 6s needs to hold on for around an 11:50. Gary had a cracking 10:46 with a 3:17 run to finish off. Bloody tough course, you dodged a bullet on this one:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Pace slipping out to 6s needs to hold on for around an 11:50. Gary had a cracking 10:46 with a 3:17 run to finish off. Bloody tough course, you dodged a bullet on this one:)

Just got to look them up here, had to list all under 'C'.

Serious time from Gary, the run splits are like clockwork.

I am feeling sorry for myself here for not being there but at the same time, I think I may have dodged a serious bullet alright.

kingQuez should be through the 36k mark by now too

Well done to Tango 11:51, really drove it for the last 5k by the looks of it. Enjoy a few beers.

kingQuez just through the finish line in 11:58

Must've been some final 5k for KQ...almost caught Tango despite spending about 3 hours longer on the bike that Tango

edit 2: His last 5.6 was his quickest of the day at 4:23km/h

Back to Texas, Owen Martin 29th in AG off the bike, needs to run like a demon to catch those in front.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭griffin100

Tracking a lad from work in his first ever tri in Lanza on the day of his 40th birthday - reading about his and others 8hr bike times and long hot marathons doesn't make me want to do another IM...............ever!!!!!!!

That said watching IM western Australia at the minute on Eurosport does make me want to do another :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I happened to be in Lanzarote for the past week, had no idea it was going to be while this was on. My god, what an atmosphere. I'd done a few marathons and olympics, never ventured into the long distance stuff, but even the dog on the streets knew what was going on.

The entire town seemed to be out in force treating it like they were spectators at a pro event, I'd say it felt amazing to be competing at. All te finisher tshirts at the airport yesterday evening, you'd think it was Man U going through. Looked great. On the way home, some old ladies sitting behind me were all talk about the ironman. I'd say they never heard of it before last week, but seemed to know all about the distances, times etc, even asking the air hostess to say congrats to "Alan the Ironman", who they informed me was the first irish finisher (may or may not be true).

Anyway, congrats to all. It was a very tough day for it. Very windy and obviously hot/hilly. Well done to all finishers. It's definitely whetted my appetite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭kingQuez

Must've been some final 5k for KQ...almost caught Tango despite spending about 3 hours longer on the bike that Tango

edit 2: His last 5.6 was his quickest of the day at 4:23km/h

oi!

Yeah, figured if I picked up the pace and could hold it I'd crack 12hrs when I checked the time at the final turning point..

Advertisement