Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hkc shock/magnetic dual sensor wiring

Options
  • 18-05-2013 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi I'm new to the site. As states above I am looking for some one to tell me the correct way to wire up dual shock/magnetic sensors. 1 sensor per zone. Diagram would be brilliant if possible.
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

For a HKC sensor
    1 & 2 (middle 2) Tamper
    3 & 4 Sensor
    5 & 6 (outer 2) Contact

• Registered Users Posts: 7 P1dan

KoolKid wrote: »
    For a HKC sensor
    1 & 2 (middle 2) Tamper
    3 & 4 Sensor
    5 & 6 (outer 2) Contact

Thanks for quick reply. What cables do I bring back to panel and in to where. Only 2 alarm and 2 tamper back at the panel

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is there just a single 4 core cable at the sensor & a single 4 core cable at the panel?
    If so loop 4 & 6 together with a short length of cable.
    Wire the tamper pair into 1 & 2
    Wire the alarm pair into 3 & 5

Is there just a single 4 core cable at the sensor & a single 4 core cable at the panel?
    If so loop 4 & 6 together with a short length of cable.
    Wire the tamper pair into 1 & 2
    Wire the alarm pair into 3 & 5

There is a 6 core cable at both ends.

If you are putting on the one zone wire as above using just 4 cores.

• Advertisement

If you are putting on the one zone wire as above using just 4 cores.

Thanks a million.
    And if there is 2windows can I put on the same cable back to panel. And if so how do I loop on to the other sensor.

If you are have 2 cables back at the panel and you want to connect to one zone you series them together.
    So say you use blue and yellow for tamper and red and black for alarm. Join the 2 blacks together and the 2 yellows together. Now the 2 reds are the alarm and the 2 blues are the tamper.

If you are have 2 cables back at the panel and you want to connect to one zone you series them together.
    So say you use blue and yellow for tamper and red and black for alarm. Join the 2 blacks together and the 2 yellows together. Now the 2 reds are the alarm and the 2 blues are the tamper.

And if I have only 1 cable back to the panel. One cable going to a window but there is another window a very short distance away. Can I connect both sensors by using a link in between.

Then on the the sensor with the 2 cables join the 2 yellows together.
    Wire the 2 Blues into 1&,2
    2 red to 3 & 4
    2 blacks to 5 & 6

Then on the the sensor with the 2 cables join the 2 yellows together.
    Wire the 2 Blues into 1&,2
    2 red to 3 & 4
    2 blacks to 5 & 6

Thanks a million mate.
    I am a electrician just never connected up these sensors before.
    Il have a go at it and let u no how I get on

• Advertisement
Advertisement