Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pomegranate seeds

Options
  • 18-05-2013 9:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭

Is there anywhere in Dublin to buy pomegranate seeds? In Europe you can buy them in packs in the chiller, in the place where you get packs of ready-sliced fruit, but I haven't seen this in Ireland. (Pomegranate seeds are lovely in bulghur- and freekah-based salads.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭SBWife

They're readily available inside the average pomegranate. Cut in half, hold over your salad and wack the back of it with a large spoon. Presto a nice sprinkle of fresh pomegranate seeds in your salad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Thank you so much! What a great hack!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Tesco sell them in little packs, usually next to the boxes of strawberries, raspberries etc. So yummy.

Ah, brilliant, thanks. Went looking yesterday and couldn't even find pomegranates, much less packs of seeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

If you have no luck finding the packaged seeds. Lidl sell pomegranates (they call them wine apples).

• Advertisement

Tried Lidl, Aldi and two Tescos. Finally found one pomegranate in Tesco, at €1.89.
    The hack didn't work (maybe my technology was out of date), so I put the halves into a bowl of water, turned them inside out and swooshed the seeds out.

Mod, sorry to trouble you, but could you possibly move this to the cooking forum (where I thought I'd originally posted it)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Mod, sorry to trouble you, but could you possibly move this to the cooking forum (where I thought I'd originally posted it)?

It was moved from the cooking forum to here. "Where to buy" threads are usually moved to region specific forums.

January wrote: »
    It was moved from the cooking forum to here. "Where to buy" threads are usually moved to region specific forums.

Ahh! I was a bit baffled! Thought I'd posted it in cooking. I would have thought the cooks would know better where to buy such a specific thing than someone who's looking just in the Dub forum, but who am I to know!

Advertisement