Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VW 1.4tsi timing chain

Options
  • 18-05-2013 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

i have had an engine management light come on on my 2009 18000mls full service history vehicle. I had it since 11000mls and had a major service at 11500 mls its always been a bit noisy which i mentioned at the last service. Anyway took it in as a result of the light and a slight misfire when revved. been told after some deliberation that the timing chan is worn as a result of a defective chain tensioner. I was then told ther would be no good will as my engine oil was below the recomended level and that this was the cause of the failure. I checked the oil about a week ago and have done around 800mls since then it was about half on the stick when i checked. no leaks or anything though. I dont think the low oil is the cause i think they are using it to swerve the good will that vw sometimes provide. Any ideas?

Comments

Advertisement