Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very unimpressed with Eircom

Options
  • 18-05-2013 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭

I decided to change from UTV Internet to Eircom for my BB and Phone, I requested the service  by contacting the sales by telephone and asked for 8mb NG BB, anytime phone with the UK/international package and that I didn't require Eircom's router. I also asked if it was necessary for me to contact UTV and was told No that Eircom look after that matter but I should cancel any Direct Debits etc.I do hope this is not fiction also.

All this was requested around the 2nd or 3rd of May, I also asked for any change overs to be made after the 16th of May as I would be out of the country.

While I was away I received a text informing me that my phone service was now active with Eircom (13th May) and on my return on the 16th I received a welcome to Eircom letter informing me that the services returning to Eircom were Calls & Line Rental and Eircom Talk Off Peak. Not what I had requested at all. After contacting the number for queries a couple of times I was told that any calls made on my phone line would be charged at normal rates until the Broadband connection was set up some time in the next week or so and would receive a separate bill for same. This is surely a load of rubbish. I requested a bundle and that is what I expect to have and to pay for. No wonder Eircom transfer the Phone line as quickly as possible to get Phone charges prior to setting up the BB Bundle.

Is this sharp practice or what? I was not told of this when setting up the switch over with Eircom’s sales person.

The welcome letter I received also had an account number which according to the helpline staff wasn’t an account number at all as well as the products that I requested being totally incorrect.

I really, at this point in time regret deciding to return to Eircom and am really annoyed  at how inefficient the switch over process is and how unhelpful some staff members are, especially as when I asked to talk to a Supervisor I was told they would not let me do so.

All in all not a good experience so far.

:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Aepos wrote: »
    I decided to change from UTV Internet to Eircom for my BB and Phone, I requested the service  by contacting the sales by telephone and asked for 8mb NG BB, anytime phone with the UK/international package and that I didn't require Eircom's router. I also asked if it was necessary for me to contact UTV and was told No that Eircom look after that matter but I should cancel any Direct Debits etc.I do hope this is not fiction also.

All this was requested around the 2nd or 3rd of May, I also asked for any change overs to be made after the 16th of May as I would be out of the country.

While I was away I received a text informing me that my phone service was now active with Eircom (13th May) and on my return on the 16th I received a welcome to Eircom letter informing me that the services returning to Eircom were Calls & Line Rental and Eircom Talk Off Peak. Not what I had requested at all. After contacting the number for queries a couple of times I was told that any calls made on my phone line would be charged at normal rates until the Broadband connection was set up some time in the next week or so and would receive a separate bill for same. This is surely a load of rubbish. I requested a bundle and that is what I expect to have and to pay for. No wonder Eircom transfer the Phone line as quickly as possible to get Phone charges prior to setting up the BB Bundle.

Is this sharp practice or what? I was not told of this when setting up the switch over with Eircom’s sales person.

The welcome letter I received also had an account number which according to the helpline staff wasn’t an account number at all as well as the products that I requested being totally incorrect.

I really, at this point in time regret deciding to return to Eircom and am really annoyed  at how inefficient the switch over process is and how unhelpful some staff members are, especially as when I asked to talk to a Supervisor I was told they would not let me do so.

Hi Aepos,

Can you send me a private message with your new eircom account number, name on the account and the bundle package / price you were quoted and I will look into it for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Aepos

Hi Mark,

PM Sent

Ae

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi Mark,

PM Sent

Ae

Hi Ae,

I looked into your PM and got back to you. Let me know if you have any follow up queries.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement