Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom quad play...when?

• 18-05-2013 12:44pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

When are Eircom launching the tv service?....be great to get BB/phone/tv in a bundle cheaper then UPC :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Eircom have so far been more expensive than UPC for phone and broadband, not even on a like-for-like basis. I wouldn't like to be the beta tester for an entirely new platform either

Take the sky bundles for example, no new tech, but more expensive anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

eircom launching a tv service?, that made me laugh out loud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

mark17j wrote: »
    eircom launching a tv service?, that made me laugh out loud.

They are launching a TV service?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

First of all, it won't be cheaper than UPC.

Second, how are they going to launch a TV service? Is it just a glorified IPTV?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

They are a bit late to the market. A lot of people are seeing cable TV unnecessary. Why pay €25 for something that you only watch a few hours a month with a ton of ads. When its online without any ads and in HD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    First of all, it won't be cheaper than UPC.

Second, how are they going to launch a TV service? Is it just a glorified IPTV?

Yes and yes. They'll have people on a stable rate rather than the 70Mbps option.

I'd say my dad would be happy to pay an extra 25€ for the service as long as he doesn't have to be paying out up to get 50 for his Chorus subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

I did a survey for eircom with the channel line up and its around 50euro to 60 euro with 3euro extra for hd or multiroom as a start. the channels are mostly free to air with sky 1 and setanta including line rental and 50mb broadband. Approximately 30channels in the basic line up with an option to add more for an extra 5euro.

as it was only a survey I took part in I cant say for sure what the actual final product would be but 3euro extra for hd is a good selling point compared to 15 for skyhd if thats the final price.

I did a survey for eircom with the channel line up and its around 50euro to 60 euro with 3euro extra for hd or multiroom as a start. the channels are mostly free to air with sky 1 and setanta including line rental and 50mb broadband. Approximately 30channels in the basic line up with an option to add more for an extra 5euro.

as it was only a survey I took part in I cant say for sure what the actual final product would be but 3euro extra for hd is a good selling point compared to 15 for skyhd if thats the final price.

Sounds good. Hopefully it wouldn't be too expensive for the installation. It would be a no-brainer for my dad not to take up the offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭PeadarB

red_bairn wrote: »
    Sounds good. Hopefully it wouldn't be too expensive for the installation. It would be a no-brainer for my dad not to take up the offer.
    I'm kicking myself that I didn't copy the damn info from the survey. Looks interesting for some people. We have Freeview and Saorview and Sky etc., so a good choice if need be from all sources.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21 paradiddler86

WOW! I am really interested in eircom tv, well more so a quad service with one direct debit.
    Has anyone got any more info on eircom tv?

• Advertisement

WOW! I am really interested in eircom tv, well more so a quad service with one direct debit.
    Has anyone got any more info on eircom tv?

They will probably start giving out info over the next month or two with adverts and shizzle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

They will probably start giving out info over the next month or two with adverts and shizzle.

So it's that close to launch?

RangeR wrote: »
    So it's that close to launch?

Well in the write up with Silicon REpublic it said they were hoping to launch in Autumn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Well in the write up with Silicon REpublic it said they were hoping to launch in Autumn.

k. Thought you might have had some insider info :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭Tonio

Autumn could mean November in marketing speak!!

Advertisement