Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I wanna volunteer again :)

Options
  • 18-05-2013 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello. This is my first post on Boards as I joined it specifically to find out if anybody knows of some summer projects that are starting up that need volunteers to help with the kids? I used to volunteer with a summer project for special needs kids in St Micheal's house in my teens but unfortunately it had to be shut down as they couldn't get enough people in to help with the children so I can't just go back there :( I always had fond memories of that time and I'd like to make more and spend my summer doing something worth while. I'm in the Artane Area but Anywhere in Dublin within reason as I don't have a car will do. I'd appreciate any help you can offer. Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Get in touch with these folks http://www.vsi.ie/ They have programmes that work with kids, I know some of the people involved with them and they're really committed to a model of respect and empowerment, great folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

Hello. This is my first post on Boards as I joined it specifically to find out if anybody knows of some summer projects that are starting up that need volunteers to help with the kids? I used to volunteer with a summer project for special needs kids in St Micheal's house in my teens but unfortunately it had to be shut down as they couldn't get enough people in to help with the children so I can't just go back there :( I always had fond memories of that time and I'd like to make more and spend my summer doing something worth while. I'm in the Artane Area but Anywhere in Dublin within reason as I don't have a car will do. I'd appreciate any help you can offer. Thanks :)
    There is currently a sixteen week processing time for garda clearance so that might cause you some issues if you dont already have it

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

There's a whole forum on Boards about volunteering

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=383

Advertisement