Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Roaming

Options
  • 18-05-2013 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

I am away traveling in south east Asia and have no service.

Before I left I contacted customer care and advised of the countries I would be traveling to, the guy I was speaking with assures me that he had set up roaming and that it would work in Thailand, Vietnam, cambodia , Laos and Indonesia. I asked him this twice as i didnt have service in indoneasia last year..I am now in Vietnam and still have no service, I have only been able to connect to a network in Thailand as it didn't work in Cambodia either.

Can you please contact me to get this sorted as I am a girl traveling on my own and have no way of contacting anyone in an emergency,

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

Naid23 wrote: »
    I am away traveling in south east Asia and have no service.

Before I left I contacted customer care and advised of the countries I would be traveling to, the guy I was speaking with assures me that he had set up roaming and that it would work in Thailand, Vietnam, cambodia , Laos and Indonesia. I asked him this twice as i didnt have service in indoneasia last year..I am now in Vietnam and still have no service, I have only been able to connect to a network in Thailand as it didn't work in Cambodia either.

Can you please contact me to get this sorted as I am a girl traveling on my own and have no way of contacting anyone in an emergency,

Thanks
    Hi Naid23,

Sorry to hear that your roaming is not working for you. Could you PM your mobile number and pin I will get this looked into.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Completely unsatisfactory customer service.
    Called the ridiculous customer care before heading to Asia and was told that my roaming was set up and would work fine, now they tell me I need to register a credit card which I don't have so now am stuck on the other side of the world without a phone.

Such a joke of a network!

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

Naid23 wrote: »
    Completely unsatisfactory customer service.
    Called the ridiculous customer care before heading to Asia and was told that my roaming was set up and would work fine, now they tell me I need to register a credit card which I don't have so now am stuck on the other side of the world without a phone.

Such a joke of a network!
    Hi Naid23,

I sincerely apologise that you were not advised previously about the rules that need to be followed when getting roaming added to your account.

If you are able to get a credit card registered to your account I will be able activate roaming for you.

Grainne

Advertisement