Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sketchers : shoes or runners

Options
  • 18-05-2013 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

Heading out tonight in cork and I'm a little worried about how strict the bouncers are in some places with regards no runners rule , what im wearing aren't strictly shoes or runners , they are a pair of sketchers , will I be ok ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Can you not wear something else?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Can you link to a picture of a similar pair? Sketchers have many different designs of shoes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 djmsgs

i hate that rule. i don't feel comfortable in shoes. i always wear runners, like hi-top Nike and i've only had problems once, when the runners i wore was pure white. went home, put on exact same runners in black and got in the club. maybe that's their issue. if you wear runners that are not in bright color, you shouldn't have any issues. maybe i'm wrong tho, but that's my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

The dress-code rules seem to have relaxed hugely. Nowadays, I'd only expect to hear about a dress-code if there's a hint of other problems. E.g. if you look young, or drunk, or a bit rough; they'll use the dress code to refuse you.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭sensormatic

also if you look ugly your knackered so your shoe's wont matter

• Advertisement
Advertisement