Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple cinema display power

Options
  • 18-05-2013 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi. I have a 27" apple cinema display. The fuse in the plug blew. It was a 10A fuse but I am having trouble getting replacements. Would a 13A be suitable? Or where can I get the 10A one

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

13A will work, yes, but I wouldn't recommend using it as if there is an underlying problem it may not allow the new fuse to blow which will damage your display. Stick it out until you can get a proper fuse. Make sure it is the same type as well. Either slow-blow or quick-blow. Go to a decent hardware shop and you should get one easily enough. Shouldn't cost more than 80c at the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

10 Amp fuses don't blow without reason !! I've yet to come across a display that consumes 2KW. In fact the technical specs for that display say 250 Watts power consumption. A more suitable fuse would be 3A, try that and if it blows then you need to get your display checked out.

Ken

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

3A or even 5A fuses are more readily available than 10A IME.

Advertisement