Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior cert 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Val97

sotisme wrote: »
    Ok i'd better read over another poem! I havent started studying irish but im planning on cramming:
    Aisling (like it)& an t-ozon(love it)
    Dioltas an mhadra rua (i hate it) and banrion an uaignis (really easy)

Tbh im confident for irish after how well the oral went.
    Thats funny, maths and science are my 2 best subjects! Im nervous for french (aural especially) and geography (no matter how much study i do i still find it so hard to learn and boring) and home ec (both my cookery and textile project were disasters!)

Yeah im hoping for an A in Irish :D Oh god I hate Maths so much im a C student like :/ I think my coursework B went okay so maybe I'll scrape a B if im lucky (Doubtful) I dont mind French but I agree the accents sometimes are so hard to understand :L I do Business and Tech Graph and im not looking at Tech until the weekend before :p

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭sotisme

Wow you are doing a lot of poems o.o we only did Mac eile ag imeacht (LOVE ) and faoiléan(DIE) so I will cram this little bugger << the night before xD

Huh?! I'm only doing 2 poems, the other 2 are stories! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭sotisme

Val97 wrote: »
    Yeah im hoping for an A in Irish :D Oh god I hate Maths so much im a C student like :/ I think my coursework B went okay so maybe I'll scrape a B if im lucky (Doubtful) I dont mind French but I agree the accents sometimes are so hard to understand :L I do Business and Tech Graph and im not looking at Tech until the weekend before :p

Practice makes perfect when it comes to maths!:) im sure you did fine :)
    Good luck in all subjects :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 cathal2013

Hey does anyone have any sample answers for An tÓzón, either an gra or bron.
    Would be great help. Finding it so hard to study Irish, probably going to fail :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

cathal2013 wrote: »
    Hey does anyone have any sample answers for An tÓzón, either an gra or bron.
    Would be great help. Finding it so hard to study Irish, probably going to fail :confused:
    There's a sample answer somewhere around in the forum, keep searching.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 cathal2013

hahahaha cheers lad :D

cathal2013 wrote: »
    hahahaha cheers lad :D

Did you get it? Iv Gra if you want me to type it up for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Mary A

How long do you guys study for each day ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

Mary A wrote: »
    How long do you guys study for each day ? :)

I don't... I've stopped.. bad time to stop, eh?

lol I just start studying like 2 weeks ago im so behind in business and im ok for the rest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭positivealf

Hey guys for studied poetry if i say the full title of romeo and juliet "The Most Excellent and Lamentable Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet"
    do u think i would get extra marks or somehow grab my examiner's attention?

Hey guise, just wondering, which is better, Short Story or Novel, and which short story would you recommend?

Cr4pSnip3r wrote: »
    Hey guise, just wondering, which is better, Short Story or Novel, and which short story would you recommend?

What do you mean? For answering fiction? My teacher just gave us "To Kill A Mockingbird"......

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭SomberClaws

What do you mean? For answering fiction? My teacher just gave us "To Kill A Mockingbird"......

Shoot all the bluejays you want.. But remember....

Yes, for fiction :) We got that too, but I am terrible at learning stuff like that, for quotes and stuff. I have an alright comprehension of it, but quotes are my Achille's heel.

its a sin to kill a mockingbird :'D

Mary A wrote: »
    its a sin to kill a mockingbird :'D

That is all you need to know and you'll get an A :D

Is IT easier get marks in the Shakespeare unseen Drama or the part B??

Is IT easier get marks in the Shakespeare unseen Drama or the part B??

To be honest, it kind of depends on the person:) I always do the 'other' drama, but I always read the questions first, and, if they don't suit, I'll do the shakespearen. :) I remember one year the other drama was EXTREMELY difficult so yeah x)

To be honest, it kind of depends on the person:) I always do the 'other' drama, but I always read the questions first, and, if they don't suit, I'll do the shakespearen. :) I remember one year the other drama was EXTREMELY difficult so yeah x)

Thanks! I find the Shakespeare dramas sometimes hard to understand so the other drama will hopefully be okay !

• Advertisement

I prefer shakesperian drama because i'm like a nerd when it comes to shakespeare :o.

I prefer shakesperian drama because i'm like a nerd when it comes to shakespeare :o.

Wanna tell me the most important scenes to know in detail for Romeo&Juliet so ?:P

Wanna tell me the most important scenes to know in detail for Romeo&Juliet so ?:P
    Act 1 scene 2&3

Act 3 scene 1

Make sure you know a few quotes now and there, I have a full list of quotes if anyone wants me to post them here.:rolleyes:

Im just going to learn the ending and opening of the play.

Im just going to learn the ending and opening of the play.
    If you want an A, I advise knowing the most dramatic scene, Act 3 scene 1 ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭finisher489

Guys it's only English, I gave up on the subject after our horrible Christmas test (the highest score in the class was 70%, no other B's obviously and barely any C's). Our teacher marked our tests so friggin hard and I actually studied for it a bit and got 47%.

Meanwhile I didn't study for anything else except Business and got 79% in Irish test for Christmas, 70% in French, 70 in geography and 70 in History also

Act 1 scene 2&3

Act 3 scene 1

Make sure you know a few quotes now and there, I have a full list of quotes if anyone wants me to post them here.:rolleyes:

Iv learnt a few quotes but they all seem to fall under the theme of Fate or Love :L

Guys it's only English, I gave up on the subject after our horrible Christmas test (the highest score in the class was 70%, no other B's obviously and barely any C's). Our teacher marked our tests so friggin hard and I actually studied for it a bit and got 47%.

Meanwhile I didn't study for anything else except Business and got 79% in Irish test for Christmas, 70% in French, 70 in geography and 70 in History also
    I got 5 As, 4bs and 1c for my xmas test, and I got 7As and 3Bs last summer ;).

Iv learnt a few quotes but they all seem to fall under the theme of Fate or Love :L
    You want the most important quotes? :pac:

• Advertisement

You want the most important quotes? :pac:

Give me your quotes, all of them.

Advertisement