Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior cert 2013

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Val97

You want the most important quotes? :pac:

hehe Yes please :P I'd offer if you wanted some notes but my only proper good notes are Irish I have pretty much everything for that so if there is anything you need! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭positivealf

Val97 wrote: »
    hehe Yes please :P I'd offer if you wanted some notes but my only proper good notes are Irish I have pretty much everything for that so if there is anything you need! :)

I want notes on Prós. Give me notes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

@Val97, I could use a good sample answer that would cover me for studied fiction on Irish XD.

Romeo and Juliet Quotes:

"So shows the snowy dove tropping with crows" - Romeo sees Juliet in a party and says this, she stands out from the crowd with her beauty.

"Thou art a villain?" - Tybalt sees Romeo in Act 3 sc(i) and insults him. He is trying to make Romeo fight him.

"This intrusion shall now seeming sweet convert to bitter gall." - Tybalt sees Romeo in the party where he meets Juliet, Romeo enters uninvited so this insults Tybalt, so Tybalt wants revenge.

"If all eles fails, myself have the power to die." - Juliet says she will commit suicide if she can't see Romeo.

"A pleague on both your houses!" - Mercutio says this before he dies in Act 3 sc(i).

"Oh calm vile dishonourable submission!" - Mercutio is angry that Romeo refuses to fight Tybalt.

"Even death cannot conquer her beauty.." - Romeo says this before stabbing himself.

"This alliance may so happy prove to turn your household's rancour to pure love." - Friar Lawrence is optimistic and thinks the marriage between Romeo and Juliet will stop the fighting between both familes.

"Ancient grudge" - Descibes the hatred between the Montegues and Capulets.

Last time I touched my Romeo and Juliet notes was before the mocks .. still fresh in my head :D
    ;)

I want notes on Prós. Give me notes.

An Tadh?

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭positivealf

An Tadh?

Very well

• Advertisement

An Tadh CairdeasRinne me staidear ar an t-adh le Padraig O Conaire. Ta alan teami fite fuaite sa sceal seo mar shampla bron,gra,dioma agus cairdeas. Roghnaigh me an teama cairdeas chun a phle. Pleann an t-udar an cairdeas go cuimsitheach sa sceal seo.
    Ar an gcead dul sios,feicimid an cairdeas speisialta idir Padraig,Seamas agus Micilin.Fecimid iad ag sugradh le cheile agus iad gealghaireach. Gnath bhuachailli iad, agus is leir go raibh siad i dtriobloid go minic. A ris ta an cairdeas soileir mar chaith a lan ama ag sugradh cois farraige.
    Nuair nach bhfuil Padraig abalta dul go Garumna leo mar fuair se an traithnin is faide. Bhi trua ag na buachailli eile do. Deir siad leis go mbeidh la eile aige. Nuair a iomionn an bad ta Padraig croga ar feadh tamaill ach ansin Phleasc se amach ag caoineadh . Ta cairdeas leir don dall aris nuair a ta se dilis da chairde ag deireadh an sceil. Nil se chun rud ar bith a ra le mathair Sheamais. Gan dabht are bith,bhi cairdeas speisialta idir na buachailli.
    Trid is trid an sceil seo, feicimd an cairdeas

@Val97, I could use a good sample answer that would cover me for studied fiction on Irish XD.

Romeo and Juliet Quotes:

"So shows the snowy dove tropping with crows" - Romeo sees Juliet in a party and says this, she stands out from the crowd with her beauty.

"Thou art a villain?" - Tybalt sees Romeo in Act 3 sc(i) and insults him. He is trying to make Romeo fight him.

"This intrusion shall now seeming sweet convert to bitter gall." - Tybalt sees Romeo in the party where he meets Juliet, Romeo enters uninvited so this insults Tybalt, so Tybalt wants revenge.

"If all eles fails, myself have the power to die." - Juliet says she will commit suicide if she can't see Romeo.

"A pleague on both your houses!" - Mercutio says this before he dies in Act 3 sc(i).

"Oh calm vile dishonourable submission!" - Mercutio is angry that Romeo refuses to fight Tybalt.

"Even death cannot conquer her beauty.." - Romeo says this before stabbing himself.

"This alliance may so happy prove to turn your household's rancour to pure love." - Friar Lawrence is optimistic and thinks the marriage between Romeo and Juliet will stop the fighting between both familes.

"Ancient grudge" - Descibes the hatred between the Montegues and Capulets.

Last time I touched my Romeo and Juliet notes was before the mocks .. still fresh in my head :D
    ;)

Sorry theres no fadas !

• Registered Users Posts: 6 cathal2013

I hope it wasn't just me but did anyone find the English so handy for the studied poem and fiction... Omg it was perfect :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭ow9654

cathal2013 wrote: »
    I hope it wasn't just me but did anyone find the English so handy for the studied poem and fiction... Omg it was perfect :D

Same, to kill a mockingbird especially fitted in...

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Jack_OLantern

cathal2013 wrote: »

I know right! I just ranted and ranted for Of Mice and Men, 3 pages later and I'd finished. Didn't quite do as well for the poetry, but it wasn't too bad.

• Advertisement

I know right! I just ranted and ranted for Of Mice and Men, 3 pages later and I'd finished. Didn't quite do as well for the poetry, but it wasn't too bad.

Of Mice and Men fitted so good :D I ranted too about sexism and racism :P

Of Mice and Men fitted so good :D I ranted too about sexism and racism :P

Same! I also included ageism (Candy) and prejudice against people with disabilities (Lennie).

What did you do for a character that tried to make the world more fair? I did Lennie, although he didn't realise it, in the scene with Crooks it showed the 4 extremes in the society coming together (disabled people, black people, old people, and women) which he started by going in Crooks' room.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

My poetry essay was so amazing, like 2 pages of epic :')
    Lake Island of Inisfree for the world around us :D

Same! I also included ageism (Candy) and prejudice against people with disabilities (Lennie).

What did you do for a character that tried to make the world more fair? I did Lennie, although he didn't realise it, in the scene with Crooks it showed the 4 extremes in the society coming together (disabled people, black people, old people, and women) which he started by going in Crooks' room.

Omg yours sounds class :D I did Lennie too! How did you find the poetry and the drama questions? I found them grand like :D

Omg yours sounds class :D I did Lennie too! How did you find the poetry and the drama questions? I found them grand like :D

They weren't too bad! I really liked the poetry question. I did The Road not Taken for studied poetry. The drama wasn't that easy, but I think I did OK. How'd you do overall?

They weren't too bad! I really liked the poetry question. I did The Road not Taken for studied poetry. The drama wasn't that easy, but I think I did OK. How'd you do overall?

I did Funeral Blues for my poetry and I think I did okay in that! :) I thought the drama was okay actually! I did the B one. I think I did grand I wasnt too fond off the essay titles if im honest!

I did Funeral Blues for my poetry and I think I did okay in that! :) I thought the drama was okay actually! I did the B one. I think I did grand I wasnt too fond off the essay titles if im honest!

I did the debate speech because I'd done it before and I got an A for it so I was pretty hopeful! I'm sure you did great :) How was Irish?

I did the debate speech because I'd done it before and I got an A for it so I was pretty hopeful! I'm sure you did great :) How was Irish?

I was thinking of doing the debate but when I saw it was about sports I knew id be crap at it ahah I was really happy with paper 1 of Irish I wrote the debate about country life and city life but paper two I made such a stupid mistake and in the studied story I wrote down Granna instead of Gramhar and it really annoyed me cause it was perfect for love:( You?

I was thinking of doing the debate but when I saw it was about sports I knew id be crap at it ahah I was really happy with paper 1 of Irish I wrote the debate about country life and city life but paper two I made such a stupid mistake and in the studied story I wrote down Granna instead of Gramhar and it really annoyed me cause it was perfect for love:( You?

Yeah, I liked paper 1, I think I did OK. Paper 2 was a disaster. I didn't understand the poems at all and I messed up the letter :( I wrote about a concert I went to and it was supposed to be starting a band, and the first gig! Ah well, at least I passed :) (I hope). Better get some rest for tommorrow, Geography! Good Luck!!!

Alot of people made that mistake ! Oh fun! :( Thank you ! You too! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement