Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tuneing satellite

Options
  • 18-05-2013 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭

As above folks i am trying to tune in my dish just in the back yard so as too make sure all is working,,i have the sat finder and its working fine,i am tuneing it in the exact same spot as i got a singnal last year,I havea old sky box the same one i used last year but I cant seem to find Astra 28 on it,,I am geting full signal strength and quality but no picture,,,The network ID is saying 013e so i assume this is the problem,,would it be a case that this old box may now be too old,or is there a way of changing the network ID maybe,,thanks for any info,,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭the rambler

I'm no expert but had same problem earlier in the year, getting full signal and quality was fairly good also,

Turned out to be the LNB had its day, if you have a dish supplying the house plug sky box into that (different LNB) and see if the picture appears,

If it does than consider getting a fresh LNB if not then you have other issues,

See Aidan's tips for a recent post on the automatic systems needing updating as sky had made improvements/upgrading

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

Had something that same but my problem was I was pointing at the wrong sat, just moved the dish a small until I got full signal again on another sat and had all the channels. It's an Aldi dish so only about 12". Picture was perfect but suspect on a bad wet day might have issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭elaverty

Thanks lads,,,yea i was hiting the wrong satelite,,all i did was tilt the disc back the slightest and bang spot on,,,,thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭pastense

Astra 28 is the furthest to the left and nearer the horizon, so if no picture and locked on to a satellite, go left and down. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭the rambler

Glad to hear you got sorted,

Now roll on the sunshine:cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement