Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avenged Sevenfold - Dublin - December 2013

Options
  • 18-05-2013 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

3rd December - The O2, Dublin
    4th December - Odyssey, Belfast

Dates confirmed in this week's Kerrang. No announcement from any promoter yet though.

249080_10152866835150121_1823934641_n.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Ideas way above there station, knowhere near big enough to headline the point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

These gigs won't sell out but I really don't think these venues are too big. Definitely wouldn't have been a couple of years ago anyway. Everything on the last UK tour sold out pretty quick as well I think. Arenas were too big for BFMV and Machine Head when they tried it but it doesn't make any sense to put Avenged Sevenfold in smaller venues.

Dreadful band either way.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

These gigs won't sell out but I really don't think these venues are too big. Definitely wouldn't have been a couple of years ago anyway. Everything on the last UK tour sold out pretty quick as well I think. Arenas were too big for BFMV and Machine Head when they tried it but it doesn't make any sense to put Avenged Sevenfold in smaller venues.

Dreadful band either way.

Arena's didnt work for Machine Head if im right? Remember someone saying Wembley was far from sold out .

If they kept it at 1 arena show then it would'nt be as bad

Yeah apparently Live nation or whoever lost £250,000 on the MH arena tour and the BFMV was a bit of a flop as well (they played Roundhouse on the tour for the new album in London this year, capacity 3,000 and it didn't sell out that fast at all). The disturbed one was as bad as Machine head as well.

Thinking about it again, perhaps these won't be so busy, but if it had been just the O2 and not Belfast as well it wouldn't have been too big for A7X.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Can-not-wait!

They can finally do a full pyro show over here, they were never able do it when they were playing in the Ambassador or Olympia.. They are gonna a need a big support act to fill out 02 though

• Advertisement

Support is Fish finger death punch and Device apparently.

Marty Miller ‏

Rawwwkin gig announcement in the morning! Pat has details and I have an amazing comp in relation to same! @mcd_productions @radionova100

Could it be A7X gig?

Marty Miller ‏

Could it be A7X gig?

probably not, A7X aint really a band who Nova will get excited about playing

scudzilla wrote: »
    probably not, A7X aint really a band who Nova will get excited about playing

Yea you are prob right . Who else could it be?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

What were the announcements?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shreddy Krueger

What were the announcements?!

Soundgarden in the 02.

Avenged Sevenfold 2013 European Tour Dates

11/8 – Stockholm, Sweden – Hovet (On Sale 5/28)
    11/9 – Oslo, Norway – Spektrum (On Sale 5/28)
    11/11 – Copenhagen, Denmark – Falconer (On Sale 5/28)
    11/12 – Hamburg, Germany – Sporthalle (On Sale 5/24)
    11/14 – Munich, Germany – Zenith (On Sale 5/24)
    11/15 – Frankfurt, Germany – Jahrhunderthalle (On Sale 5/24)
    11/17 — Bochum, Germany – Ruhrkongress (On Sale 5/24)
    11/19 – Amsterdam, Netherlands – Ziggo Dome (On Sale 5/24)
    11/20 – Paris, France – Zenith (On Sale 5/24)
    11/22 – Vienna, Austria – Stadthalle (On Sale 5/25)
    11/23 – Milan, Italy – Forum (On Sale 5/24)
    11/25 – Barcelona, Spain – Pavelo Olimpic (On Sale 5/24)
    11/26 – Madrid, Spain – Palacio Vistalegre (On Sale 5/24)
    11/27 – Lisbon, Portugal — Campo Pequeno (On Sale 5/26)
    11/30 – Manchester, England – MEN (On Sale 5/17)
    12/1 – London, England — Wembley (On Sale 5/17)
    12/3 – Dublin, Ireland — O2 Arena (On Sale 5/28)
    12/5 – Birmingham, England – NIA (On Sale 5/17)
    No belfast date

**TICKETS ON-SALE NEXT TUESDAY AT 9AM**

Orange County’s Avenged Sevenfold have just announced details of their highly anticipated return to Ireland with a date at The O2, Dublin on December 3rd 2013

TICKET INFORMATION
    Tickets priced €44.05 inclusive of booking fee go on-sale next Tuesday, May 28th at 9am from Ticketmaster outlets nationwide and www.ticketmaster.ie

Special guests on the night are Five Finger Death Punch & Device

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Won 2 tickets on phantom this morning. Delighted!

Bought my tickets today, should be a good show

• Registered Users Posts: 4,059 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Have seen them 3 times already and enjoyed all the gigs. A headline in the 02 should bring a much better show.

A new album will be released so hopefully some decent new tunes to hear.

Wasn't a massive fan of the most recent single for call of duty so hopefully a step up from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shando316

Can a mod please edit my original post to remove the Belfast date? Kerrang made a mistake, Dublin is the only Irish Date.

Jofspring wrote: »
    Have seen them 3 times already and enjoyed all the gigs. A headline in the 02 should bring a much better show.

A new album will be released so hopefully some decent new tunes to hear.

Wasn't a massive fan of the most recent single for call of duty so hopefully a step up from that.

Those songs will be nothing like the album, they were written specifically for CoD games

can not wait

They kept playing that second video at rock Im park

New album announced, released 27/8/13

1013052_10151468706055583_505078558_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Support is,from Avatar according to MCD.. five finger must only be UK.. only reason I was gping if i'm honesy..

That's a pity but I saw five finger in June so doesn't bother me too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Support is,from Avatar according to MCD.. five finger must only be UK.. only reason I was gping if i'm honesy..
    Nope if anything theres an issue with Device, Avatar have a poster saying they're supporting Avenged and FFDP id throw the image up if I wasnt on me phone.

Ya MCD Facebook have just said avenged, five finger and avatar

Device have yet to make a press announcement as far as i'm aware but...

1385817_10151916556910256_1729992474_n.jpg

Have to say I don't know much about them but from looking at youtube I won't be rushing to the O2 from Limerick to catch them before Avenged, not my cup of tea.

Jofspring wrote: »
    Have to say I don't know much about them but from looking at youtube I won't be rushing to the O2 from Limerick to catch them before Avenged, not my cup of tea.

It's Dave Draiman's (Disturbed singer) side project, but why the fcuk he wanted it to be a side project when it sounds exactly like Disturbed i'll never know

It's Dave Draiman's (Disturbed singer) side project, but why the fcuk he wanted it to be a side project when it sounds exactly like Disturbed i'll never know

That's Device your thinking of. Avatar are who are replacing them it seems.

You're referring to Device who dont appear to be part of the bill anymore, Avatar a Swedish black metal Band appear to have replaced them (see poster above). Looked them up also wont be rushing in either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

Just a week away today :)

Advertisement