Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avenged Sevenfold - Dublin - December 2013

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Did anyone on here go to this? Interested to hear if they got a big crowd?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

They closed off half the standing area and half the seats. Tiny enough crowd! Smallest I have ever seen at the O2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,059 ✭✭✭Jofspring

They closed off half the standing area and half the seats. Tiny enough crowd! Smallest I have ever seen at the O2

Ive seen this mentioned over on the Avenged Sevenfold Thread too. Closed off in what way? As in the stage was brought forward to close the gap between the back of the standing and the front of the stage? Ive been at a few gigs in the o2 and every time the back wall/partition behind the people standing has been in the exact same spot.

1459348_10151774875890583_1706680523_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Jofspring wrote: »
    Ive seen this mentioned over on the Avenged Sevenfold Thread too. Closed off in what way? As in the stage was brought forward to close the gap between the back of the standing and the front of the stage? Ive been at a few gigs in the o2 and every time the back wall/partition behind the people standing has been in the exact same spot.

1459348_10151774875890583_1706680523_n.jpg

For the fully sold out gigs at the O2, that partition at the back of the standing area is not there and people can stand right back as far as the bars/merchandise stands. The standing area is significantly larger than this for the sold out gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,059 ✭✭✭Jofspring

For the fully sold out gigs at the O2, that partition at the back of the standing area is not there and people can stand right back as far as the bars/merchandise stands. The standing area is significantly larger than this for the sold out gigs.

Ah right, it must be when there is ground floor seating that the barrier goes that far back also so. Peter Kay and Michael Buble were both all seated sell outs and you couldn't see the bar area as it was similarly blocked off.

Always thought the O2 was optimistic for Avenged Sevenfold to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Five Finger Death Punch

3 new UK dates announce today for the 2014 "Wrong Side of Heaven" World Tour!

March 28 - Birmingham, UK
    March 30 - London, UK
    April 1 - Manchester, UK.

More TBC

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

lc180 wrote: »
    Did anyone on here go to this? Interested to hear if they got a big crowd?

Yeah, was at it alright. I was pleasantly surprised at how decent Avatar were. So much so, I got their Black Waltz album. I got to meet (and get a pic with) the singer as well :D) 5FDP were sensational! Everything was bang on re: vocals, guitars etc. I'll definitely be going to see them again. I left after that as I don't like A7X.

As for the crowd....I've seen more in the O2, seemed a pretty small crowd to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

I was at the left of the front at the rails from start to finish, I got a bro hug from moody, the vocalist of 5FDP, and then after that he saluted me twice. Probably because I have my hair the same as him xD

killanena wrote: »
    I was at the left of the front at the rails from start to finish, I got a bro hug from moody, the vocalist of 5FDP, and then after that he saluted me twice. Probably because I have my hair the same as him xD

Think I seen that. I thought it was just someone he knew. :pac:

I'm not even a massive fan of them, I think thought they were alright, but after that performance my opinion of them has defiantly increased. They are amazing live.

Avatar on the other hand I bought their CD and have been playing it non-stop. Never really listened to them before last week .And AX7 preformed well, Just wasn't as exciting as the other two.

• Advertisement

I'm not even a massive fan of them, I think thought they were alright, but after that performance my opinion of them has defiantly increased. They are amazing live.

Avatar on the other hand I bought their CD and have been playing it non-stop. Never really listened to them before last week .And AX7 preformed well, Just wasn't as exciting as the other two.

Yep, I was very impressed by FFDP live. Great show, great sound... Avatar took me completely by surprise and likewise, haven't stopped listening to Black Waltz since the gig. Good front-man there too, and good live performance.

P.K.M. wrote: »
    Yep, I was very impressed by FFDP live. Great show, great sound... Avatar took me completely by surprise and likewise, haven't stopped listening to Black Waltz since the gig. Good front-man there too, and good live performance.

Overall the gig was a lot smaller then I was expecting but other then that it was fantastic and Id go again if any of the 3 bands were to return.

On a side note, The Gibson hotel is awesome if anyone else on here stayed there after. I stayed 2 nights after the gig with my girlfriend to get our Xmas shopping out of the way. I don't go to Dublin often.

On a side note, The Gibson hotel is awesome if anyone else on here stayed there after. I stayed 2 nights after the gig with my girlfriend to get our Xmas shopping out of the way. I don't go to Dublin often.

Nice one, staying there next weekend myself. Not for a gig or anything, but for a couple of nights away with herself. Looking forward to it.

Enjoy yerselfs, Lovely staff there. Really helpful and kind and best of all they don't give you dirty looks for being decked out in metal gear and covered in piercings :p

Enjoy yerselfs, Lovely staff there. Really helpful and kind and best of all they don't give you dirty looks for being decked out in metal gear and covered in piercings :p

We will do, hoping to check out the gym and pool too. Only have an eyebrow piercing, but have a full sleeve on my right arm so herself was saying to wear a jacket "just in case they think I'm a scumbag", so handy to know, cheers man. :cool:

I suppose they are used to seeing it with the O2 just across from them, And there is no pools as far as I know, Just a relaxation area with a sauna, steam room, these copper baths, showers and you can make these special soaps to wash your feet in xD, They have a 24 hour gym alright but I didn't bother going in as I got enough exercise walking around Dublin, carrying bags and following my gf for hours and hours :p

I got enough exercise walking around Dublin, carrying bags and following my gf for hours and hours :p

Ah yes, your quota for the year I reckon!! :pac: :pac:

hah damn right xD

Advertisement