Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salthill

Options
  • 18-05-2013 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I've been coming to Galway for years and was only at new year there that i ventured along the prom to salthill for the first time,absolutely brilliant wee walk,weather was getting bad so ventured into The Galway Bay hotel for a drink and then headed back into the city centre.Is Salthill good for a night out? we usually tend to just stay in city centre and end up in either Halo or the front door,back over next month and fancied a night out in Salthill so just looking for suggestions.cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

there's no late bars or clubs in salthill anymore (thank god!), they pretty much died out in the mid nineties and the shift in to town was made.

There's a few good pubs and some nice places to eat but that's it, if you want late, stay in the city.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

There is a church service at around 6pm

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Eddie_Vedder

McTigs wrote: »
    there's no late bars or clubs in salthill anymore (thank god!), they pretty much died out in the mid nineties and the shift in to town was made.

There's a few good pubs and some nice places to eat but that's it, if you want late, stay in the city.

ok cheers,maybe just a wee day venture out then.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

The Office serve pretty late! Also the lobby in the Salthill Hotel!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Shanley wrote: »
    The Office serve pretty late! Also the lobby in the Salthill Hotel!

Great spot for a night out!!!!! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

If your with friends yes, the prom bar is a very nice spot, generally has live music and if you fancy a late tipple you can have one or two in the lobby.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Ludikrus

Great spot for a night out!!!!! :confused:

Better than Halo. Table service too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Ludikrus wrote: »
    Better than Halo. Table service too.

Fair enough if a hotel lobby is your thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

I represent the 'Pro-Hotel Lobby' lobby for hotels. This is a real hot bed of a topic within certain circles at the moment, and it's good to see it being discussed in the public domain.

A lot to be said for it! Buy maybe not wild enough for the party animals on boards.ie.

• Advertisement

Another good option for the pro hotel lobby group is the house hotel in town. It's as lively as most bars but you can usually get a seat. Good cocktails, table service..the party animals would be happy enough in this lobby.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover54

McTigs wrote: »
    there's no late bars or clubs in salthill anymore.

Went into the Office on a Wednesday night a few weeks ago and it was open until at least 2 am. It looked shut from the outside but it was actually open

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Big Joe Mac

Can anyone tell me what happened to O' Reillys bar in Salthill, used to be a popular spot. i havent been to Salthill in years, going by google maps was it where Lohans is now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Can anyone tell me what happened to O' Reillys bar in Salthill, used to be a popular spot. i havent been to Salthill in years, going by google maps was it where Lohans is now?

Lohans was O'Reillys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Birroc

Shanley wrote: »
    The Office serve pretty late!

Great pub and for some reason not many people know about it.

Advertisement