Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smelly,Thick Rockers according to the Irish Times

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Article updated today to include:
    Update - Mon, May 21, 2013, 12:00

Brian Boyd replies:

Thank you for taking the time to post all your comments. The article – as is sometimes the case with the weekly Revolver column – was a facetious, tongue-in-cheek opinion (granted, not quite of Spinal Tap calibre) of plans to introduce a degree course in Heavy Metal music in these recessionary times. I believe that should have been apparent from the very first paragraph. And further references to wrestling, panto, hair, make-up and Burger King (notwithstanding the juxtaposition of Ibsen and Jedward) should have reinforced the humorous, ironic and self-parodying nature of the article. Characteristics which one hopes will always have a place in rock music.

yes that's right - MONDAY May 21st :confused: - proper journalism right there!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

I believe that should have been apparent from the very first paragraph.
    If your humour isn't apparent you've got a bit of a problem trying to be a comedian mate.
    Amazing how he managed to go back in time and update his article yesterday morning. Could he go further back in time and have himself aborted by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

"Dirty Grungers" was another one. At the time, the band I was in played music more like Nick Cave, and none of us had long hair...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

There was nothing resembling humour apparent in that article, apart from saying today is a Monday :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Cousin it

I don't know what should be derided more, his rubbish attempt at 'humour,' his total lack of originality with regard to said attempt or his inability to accept that he completely missed the mark with whatever he was attempting to achieve with the article. He comes off as rather lazy and cowardly and, furthermore,given the amount of well written and well informed online blogs by amateurs, I fail to see how this kind of journalism earns someone a job. Ah well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 heiid4

"smelly mashers, long heair, and shoutin divil worshipors music"

Advertisement