Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin marathon, 1 or 2 nights stay? and recommendations?

Options
  • 18-05-2013 4:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm just looking for recommendations for where to stay for the Dublin marathon?. Also whether veterans would recommend one or two nights? Ideally I'd like to stay the night after, have a meal and view some shops the day after, maybe swim. But having just done my first a few weeks ago, how likely is it that I'd enjoy any of these after 26.2 miles?.

Thanks

K:)

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

There's nothing better than going for a few beers and chilling out sharing war stories after the marathon. There's always a big crowd from here who meet up after the race for a few beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Keep a check on Lidl breaks, I got a family room in the Ballsbridge Hotel (formerly Jurys) ridiculously cheap last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I would recomend two. I done belfast last year. Only stayed the night before, it was a long and at times sore drive home that night after the race, would have loved a few beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Freiheit wrote: »
    Hi I'm just looking for recommendations for where to stay for the Dublin marathon?. Also whether veterans would recommend one or two nights? Ideally I'd like to stay the night after, have a meal and view some shops the day after, maybe swim. But having just done my first a few weeks ago, how likely is it that I'd enjoy any of these after 26.2 miles?.

Thanks

K:)

Camden court ticks all your boxes. I booked the 2 nights for 160, they also do a pasta special for the night before

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭JohnnyBingo

Stayed here for two nights last October Just behind Stephens Green shopping centre

http://graftoncapital.m3.netaffinity.com/gallery.html

It's no frills but cost half nothing. If I remember correctly it was around €120 for two of us for two nights although breakfast wasn't included. Had lovely pasta carbonara in The Hairy Lemon just across the road the night before. €10 taxi trip to start line the next day but was able to walk home after the race - that's how close it is. Rewarded ourselves with steak in The Rustic Stone that night. Expensive but spanking gorgeous.
    So you gotta really stay the night before if your hitting the expo and its worth staying the extra night to enjoy that post marathon buzz.

• Advertisement
Advertisement