Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Buffet

• 18-05-2013 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi all
    thinking of taking my parents to a Sunday buffet in Limerick tomorrow. We used to go to the Jasmine but they don't want to go there, more's the pity. Can anybody suggest an alternative please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

One potato two potato

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

The Strand hotel do a very nice buffet but it's a bit pricey IIRC. Plenty of choice and food was nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

The Strand hotel do a very nice buffet but it's a bit pricey IIRC. Plenty of choice and food was nice.

Been a while since I was there but it's 2nd to none in Limerick. Champagne on arrival, top notch food and service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Hooked

phog wrote: »
    Been a while since I was there but it's 2nd to none in Limerick. Champagne on arrival, top notch food and service

Was pleasantly surprised by the Peony Court a fortnight ago if a cheap n cheerful Chinese is their thing?

The Peony Court gets mixed reviews. It was our local take away and our spot for Christmas eve dinner since they opened until we moved out to the country a few years back. Myself and the family were there recently for the first time in years for my nieces confirmation (trust her to pick a place 30 miles away from home :P) and I have to say that it was perfect. The food was lovely, the staff were brilliant and the service in general was top notch. I'd highly recommend the place and this is coming from a guy who wouldn't be too pushed on Chinese food. Enjoy your meal anyway OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Susie120704

Thanks for advice guys. I think it will be the Peony Court. dad loves Chinese buffets. He has it in his head that he doesn't want Jasmine sadly

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Is that Jasmine Palace buffet open during the week for a late lunch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

bigpink wrote: »
    Is that Jasmine Palace buffet open during the week for a late lunch?

Google is your friend.
    http://www.jasminepalace.ie/menus/buffet-lunch

Looks like Friday is the only week day it is on.

Advertisement