Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billing issue

Options
  • 18-05-2013 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I just got my second bill and everything is wrong about it.

I signed up for up to 24mb broadband package at €60/month and this bill is showing

My Package
    eircom Talk Off-Peak €48.78
    Next Gen. Broadband Ultimate €65.82
    Discounts and Promotions eircom Talk & Broadband bundle credit -€25.18
    Total Discounts and Promotions -€25.18
    Total My Package €89.42

Also there are
    Service and Connection Charges €66.49

What the hell is this for? I was already charged a connection fee on my first bill.

with vat on all this (3.51 for calls) an expected bill of circa €64 is €196

What are the service and connection charges and why am I being billed €89 for a product advertised at €60?

I have no intention of paying this and am going to instruct my bank to cancel my direct debit unless someone sorts this and soon.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

easweeney wrote: »
    I just got my second bill and everything is wrong about it.

I signed up for up to 24mb broadband package at €60/month and this bill is showing

My Package
    eircom Talk Off-Peak €48.78
    Next Gen. Broadband Ultimate €65.82
    Discounts and Promotions eircom Talk & Broadband bundle credit -€25.18
    Total Discounts and Promotions -€25.18
    Total My Package €89.42

Also there are
    Service and Connection Charges €66.49

What the hell is this for? I was already charged a connection fee on my first bill.

with vat on all this (3.51 for calls) an expected bill of circa €64 is €196

What are the service and connection charges and why am I being billed €89 for a product advertised at €60?

I have no intention of paying this and am going to instruct my bank to cancel my direct debit unless someone sorts this and soon.

Hi easweeney

I had a look into your last bill sent on the 17/05/13

* First note that you are billed every two months.

If you look at the front of page 2 of 3, it outlines the call / broadband bundle package which is charged for in advance (for two months)

16/05/13 -15/07/13

The total of the bundle package is €89.42 ex Vat or €110 Inc Vat for the two months which works out at €60 Inc Vat per month (which is what you signed up for).

On the back of page 2 of 3 Service and connection charges there are two charges.

€24.68 for broadband connection / activation which is credited back in full as the connection is free as part of the promotion.

Just below that charge there is a part period rental of €66.49.

As you are billed every two months, the broadband was connected just as your last bill was issued on the 15/03/13.

So there was 8 weeks that the broadband was activated (in terms of the service itself)

This is a one off charge for those additional weeks that is applied on the first bill after the broadband was connected.

It is just unfortunate it is for a full 8 weeks, as opposed if it was only connected on the 10/05/13 the additional charge would only be in the region of €5.

* This will not be on any future bills now everything is is set up.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 4 easweeney

Hi easweeney

I had a look into your last bill sent on the 17/05/13

* First note that you are billed every two months.

If you look at the front of page 2 of 3, it outlines the call / broadband bundle package which is charged for in advance (for two months)

16/05/13 -15/07/13

The total of the bundle package is €89.42 ex Vat or €110 Inc Vat for the two months which works out at €60 Inc Vat per month (which is what you signed up for).

On the back of page 2 of 3 Service and connection charges there are two charges.

€24.68 for broadband connection / activation which is credited back in full as the connection is free as part of the promotion.

Just below that charge there is a part period rental of €66.49.

As you are billed every two months, the broadband was connected just as your last bill was issued on the 15/03/13.

So there was 8 weeks that the broadband was activated (in terms of the service itself)

This is a one off charge for those additional weeks that is applied on the first bill after the broadband was connected.

It is just unfortunate it is for a full 8 weeks, as opposed if it was only connected on the 10/05/13 the additional charge would only be in the region of €5.

* This will not be on any future bills now everything is is set up.

Thanks, Mark
    Two months advance payment? be nice if this was documented so it could be expected.

So my next bill will be on the 15/07/13 and "should" be for €120?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

easweeney wrote: »
    Two months advance payment? be nice if this was documented so it could be expected.

So my next bill will be on the 15/07/13 and "should" be for €120?

Hi easweeney

Yes assuming you do not request any changes to either the call / broadband packages. The package will be  €120 Inc Vat for the two months. (Plus any calls not included in the call package).

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement