Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

smart telecom

• 18-05-2013 9:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

i am thinking of changing to smart telecom I see poor reviews here..seems for 29.95 350GB at 24 Mbps D/Load ...anyone any experience of them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭apophis

Hi there 2012paddy2012,
    I can only speak for myself, but as a customer of smart telecom for years now on that particular offer, i can only say good things about them, any problem i had was handled to my satisfaction quickly, and until the upcoming almost imminent launch of fibre BB i had no intention of moving my custom. And i still may not move if they have good offers on their fibre products.
    However as good as they are (and now part of Digi-Web) i would wait a few days and see what offers comes with the launch of fibre.

apophis :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

apophis wrote: »
    Hi there 2012paddy2012,
    I can only speak for myself, but as a customer of smart telecom for years now on that particular offer, i can only say good things about them, any problem i had was handled to my satisfaction quickly, and until the upcoming almost imminent launch of fibre BB i had no intention of moving my custom. And i still may not move if they have good offers on their fibre products.
    However as good as they are (and now part of Digi-Web) i would wait a few days and see what offers comes with the launch of fibre.

apophis :cool:

Ah Thks a lot that's good to know ...
    So fibre is better!? Not that well up on it ... Thks paddy

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Ah Thks a lot that's good to know ...
    So fibre is better!? Not that well up on it ... Thks paddy

Most will still require a phone line (FTTC). It will be faster, generally up to 70mb. This would be faster then what a normal line can hold. You are stuck with paying line rental, and you may not be able to get it so check if it will be available.

UPC is still better if you can get it in my opinion :)

The price of this will go down so I would hold on if its not urgent, as providers will take what they will get on the rollout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I got talking to a Smart rep today on the online chat, these are the offers I was given:

Package 1- NGA Fibre Lite- €39.95( Vat Inclusive) Download Speeds Up to 70GB, Upload Speed of up to 20MB's, 70GB's traffic
    Package 2: Fibre Plus- Download/Upload Speeds as above, 200GB's traffic. Package cost is €54.95
    Package 3: Fibre Unlimited*- Download/Upload Speeds as above, 500GB's traffic. 500GB's traffic. €79.95/month

We're currently on a €30 / 24mb (actually around 12) / 350gb cap. €10 extra a month for a fifth the download capacity, or €25 extra for just over half the download capacity...

Advertisement