Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

speeds!

• 18-05-2013 9:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

hi

I just did a speed test on my broadband and I wondered if they are reasonably /poor / fab!? see below:

Download Speed: 3654 kbps (456.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Upload Speed: 1286 kbps (160.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

hi

I just did a speed test on my broadband and I wondered if they are reasonably /poor / fab!? see below:

Download Speed: 3654 kbps (456.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Upload Speed: 1286 kbps (160.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

Poor, Judging by your upload you should be on 12Mb or higher on the download. Your getting about 3.6Mb. There is most likely something dragging down your connection. Try connecting the modem direct to your main phone socket with no filter and test again.

As a rule of thumb the download should be roughly divisible by 1024.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

Poor, Judging by your upload you should be on 12Mb or higher on the download. Your getting about 3.6Mb. There is most likely something dragging down your connection. Try connecting the modem direct to your main phone socket with no filter and test again.

As a rule of thumb the download should be roughly divisible by 1024.

Thks a lot that's 02 mobile broadband ... Thinking of changing to something faster but it's hard to know tho they all seem to have neg reviews! Bit of a lottery really 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Thks a lot that's 02 mobile broadband ... Thinking of changing to something faster but it's hard to know tho they all seem to have neg reviews! Bit of a lottery really 😀

Ah sorry, thought it was landline bb. Discard what I posted above. Probably ok speed for mobile.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

For a mobile that's not bad at all. Some landlines can't get that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Mr. G wrote: »
    For a mobile that's not bad at all. Some landlines can't get that.

Stick with the mobile provider, I'm on Magnet's Simply Broadband (ADSL2) package which is advertised up to 24mbps, the max I get is 2mbps downstream.

I will be having words with the sales team on Monday.

• Advertisement
Advertisement