Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

breast reduction with medical card?

• 18-05-2013 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I was hoping someone would help me with some info,Ive have been out of work for the past 4 months with back pain due to my large breasts (34f) and im a size 12 so not over weight, ive been saving for the past 2 years for a breast reduction but haven't saved anymore since finishing work, ive applied for a medical card and was just wondering would I be entitled to it on the medical card if I got it and also pay for it with my savings (2500). This is not cosmetic,its for really bad back pain and im dying to go to work to earn my own money but feel like unless I get a breast reduction I will always be in pain and unable to work which is my biggest fear,and before anyone says im NOT looking for a handout off the state, ive worked for the past 15 years and paid my taxes and its the first time ever ive had to rely on social welfare(sorry had to put this in ,coz I know what people will be thinkin) so anybody have any information on this, tanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Moved to the State Benefits forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Have you been awarded a medical card?

Really only you doctor can answer this for you.

If he/she refers you to a consultant that confirms that your back pain is a direct result of your breasts then they could put you on a waiting list for a reduction.

How long you'd be waiting ois another thing, considering how long they make hip replacement patients wait. Your medical card could have expired before you are called for the operation, in which case you would have to pay the public daily rate for inpatient in a hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭slarkin123

It is possible. A relative of mine got a reduction done on the medical card because of the severe back pain she was in. Best thing to do is to talk to your doctor about it and see if he can point you in the right direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

It's possible, but it's likely to be a long process and a long wait.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement