Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCAA Football 14

Options
  • 18-05-2013 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone picking this up this year? Perhaps another couple of people will have got PS3's since last year or if any of the lads on the Madden PS3 league are looking for a new game to buy, it's well worth picking this up.

It's a great way to get an idea of what's going to be included in Madden 14/25 as well, so even if you're not getting it, it's well worth having a read up on it and looking at videos etc so you can see new features and gameplay that is going to be included in Madden.

Last years edition was great and the online franchise over on the Madden PFL was great fun. Santry beat me in the final in a brilliant game. It would be excellent if we could get it going again but with far more human players this year as we only had around 8-10 last year.

NCAA is, in my opinion, better than Madden in terms of gameplay as you can use much more varied and better playbooks, spread offenses, along with a proper no huddle too. The problem is accessibility really as without a PS3 you can't play it over here due to it being region locked on Xbox and not many, if any, bricks and mortar stores over here stock it so it requires a purchase from Ebay or similar. I do think it would overtake Madden as the number one american football game over here given time if it had the chance though.

Anyway, the release date is July 9th.

Some of the new features (of which I'm presuming a lot will be in Madden too as is almost always the case):

•Physics - The new and improved Infinity Engine 2 comes to NCAA Football, bringing with it renewed authenticity and enhanced realism. New features include:

•Stumble Recovery - Fight gravity as you scramble for extra yards. Utilize the right control stick to try and regain your feet or lunge forward for that extra yard.

•Force Impact Trucking and Hitting - Feel the power of physics as runners bowl over defenders or tacklers make a big hit on the ball carrier, all driven by the new Force Impact system. Also, utilize improved stiff-arms that take size and strength into consideration.

•Running Game Improvements - The introduction of physics offers a suite of improvements to the running game, including hard run cutting for direction changes, improved run blocking and a new acceleration burst that lets you get around the corner or through the hole and into the open field.

•Option Offense - Play true to your team with over 20 new option types, all optimized for a true college football experience. Utilize the Spread Option, Zone Read and more to stymie defenses and put big points on the board. Highlight key defenders before the snap and read their movement after to know when to pitch the ball and when to keep it.

NCAA Football 14 brings the game to life like never before with new additions to on-field presentation and a renewed emphasis on the story of each game.

Handheld cameras capture the action from unique angles, and Brad Nessler and Kirk Herbstreit key in on impact players and noteworthy performances. Additional features and enhancements include:

•New Pre-Game– A live look-in from Rece Davis sets the stage for a brand-new intro featuring vignettes, traditions, text wipes and more all set to a music video.

•Neutral Site Games– For the first time ever in the series set up neutral site matchups including the Texas Kickoff, Cowboy Kickoff and Chick-fil-A Kickoff.

•New Music and Chants– Rock out after a big play as fans chant along to college football staples Seven Nation Army and Zombie Nation

Some videos:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I think I'll get it this year.

I only started watching college ball this past year so never really had an interest before, and I criminally under-use my PS3, so I'm looking forward to having something to play on it. I'd obviously be up for a few games/a league now considering Madden is by far my most played game these days.

What are the best options for importing it when it comes out? That Canadian site? ebay? And what price are we talking? Another question, I believe when you first play it there are no player names, only number and positions ie. WR 80, but there is a patch that gives you accurate rosters? Is this correct?

Also love the fact there is a Jag on the cover in Denard Robinson.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Will this be available for xbox? i started watching the college football on espn america roughly 2 years ago and loved it, not sure what i'll do now for it in september with BT taking over espns coverage :(.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Will this be available for xbox? i started watching the college football on espn america roughly 2 years ago and loved it, not sure what i'll do now for it in september with BT taking over espns coverage :(.
    The xbox is region locked so I don't think you can get it.
    I might get it for the ps3 though if a few are getting it,should tide me over till madden 25

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I think I'll get it this year.

I only started watching college ball this past year so never really had an interest before, and I criminally under-use my PS3, so I'm looking forward to having something to play on it. I'd obviously be up for a few games/a league now considering Madden is by far my most played game these days.

What are the best options for importing it when it comes out? That Canadian site? ebay? And what price are we talking? Another question, I believe when you first play it there are no player names, only number and positions ie. WR 80, but there is a patch that gives you accurate rosters? Is this correct?

Also love the fact there is a Jag on the cover in Denard Robinson.

I use Ebay mate. For some reason I just don't like using games websites (bad experiences in the past, although Gamesnash over here are excellent but AFAIK don't stock this) and to be honest when I looked around there wasn't too many reputable sites offering the game. There's a couple of UK sellers that provide it so it usually arrives quicker than from a games website. The price I paid last year was €60. Pretty expensive I know, but there wasn't much difference between that and on websites, I presume this was because they all have to import it anyway thus bumping up the price a bit?

Yeah, when you first get the game it says WR #80 and the like rather than the real names, but it only takes around a week for the patch to appear. All you have to do is go to options, then downloads, and search for the file. The file name will appear on forums like Operation Sports so it's easy to find it when it arrives. The wait is almost perfect to be honest. If you order from Ebay the day it comes out, get the game in your hand 3-4 days later, then after another 3-4 days of playing the game, getting used to the new features etc and the patch with the real names has appeared and you're then ready to go with starting into leagues etc.

Sweet, I'm sold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

The next gen Xbox will have this because it won't be region locked which causes the current problem as they only make this game for the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Berty44 wrote: »
    The next gen Xbox will have this because it won't be region locked which causes the current problem as they only make this game for the US.

It's been launched tomorrow btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Berty44 wrote: »

Not looking like Xbox One will be region free

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-15037-Xbox-One-Will-be-Region-Locked-and-Kinect-Won-t-Spy-on-You-.html
    “Similar to the movie and music industry, games must meet country-specific regulatory guidelines before they are cleared for sale,” a Microsoft spokesperson told Digital Trends. “We will continue to work with our partners to follow these guidelines with Xbox One.”
    On Xbox 360, region encoding was left to the discretion of publishers, which means the same rule could apply to Xbox One and some titles from overseas may still be available to import.

Looks like it will be up to EA to make it region free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Such **** news :( We could have had proper classes and all for Madden.

Demo is out now!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Is it on Xbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Does EA disbanding the online pass scheme mean we can play this online without trouble? Even though we are all importing from overseas

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭tgdaly

tgdaly wrote: »
    Does EA disbanding the online pass scheme mean we can play this online without trouble? Even though we are all importing from overseas

To answer my own question yes, so that's good. It's well past release date now, anyone else playing this?

tgdaly wrote: »
    To answer my own question yes, so that's good. It's well past release date now, anyone else playing this?

Unfortunately not this year. I was all set to get it this year again after loving last years effort, but in the end I could only really afford to get one american football game so decided to go with Madden 25 as I'll also be getting Grand Theft Auto 5 in the next couple of months too.

Give it a couple of years and, due to the region free Xbox One, I think we'll have a full NCAA league going alongside the Madden one every year.

Same boat Paully, really wanted it, couldn't swing it.

Think this may be the last EA NCAA game though, they didn't renew the licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

anybody from around cork selling there copy of ncaa 13?

Advertisement