Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre, Deepforde, Drogheda

Options
  • 19-05-2013 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭

I'm hoping eircom is rolling out efibre in Deepforde Drogheda on Mon 20th, but my questions is, will I as a current eircom broadband customer need a new modem in order for me to receive it?
    Can anyone from Eircom confirm if Deepforde will be receiving it from the 20th?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map/

Grange Rath and Deepforde are not on any schedule before 2014 according to the latest map.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

1jcdub wrote: »
    I'm hoping eircom is rolling out efibre in Deepforde Drogheda on Mon 20th, but my questions is, will I as a current eircom broadband customer need a new modem in order for me to receive it?
    Can anyone from Eircom confirm if Deepforde will be receiving it from the 20th?

Hi
    1jcdub

As per the efibre Map (thanks Mylow)  We do not have definitive date for your exchange/ cabinet as yet. However the website / map is updated as the efibre roll-out progress'.

Thanks, Mark

I find it laughable that Eircom have installed 3 cabinets in Deepforde and Grange Rath but yet no one knows when they are scheduled to go live. Is the  project planning carried out on the back of a cigarette box?:confused:

If money is that tight in Eircom and they cannot afford project management software they can always download Project Libre. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭1jcdub

Hi
    1jcdub

As per the efibre Map (thanks Mylow)  We do not have definitive date for your exchange/ cabinet as yet. However the website / map is updated as the efibre roll-out progress'.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark
    Could you find out what the specific reason why Deepforde and Grange Rath haven't been activated also why we are not even showing with a time frame when literally all around us have been? Particularly when there are cabinets waiting to be activated in both areas.

Cheers

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Deepforde and Grangerath are both on their own exchanges and not on the Drogheda (DBC) exchange so even though there may be new cabinets installed, the actual exchange may not be upgraded. Five Oaks on the other hand is on the Drogheda (DBC) exchange but is not live yet because the cabinet servicing our estate hasn't been turned on yet, despite Five Oaks being slap bang in the middle of a Green 'Live' area. If the map was never going to be accurate, they should never have used it. Way too misleading.

• Advertisement

The tags on the Deepforde and Grange Rath FTTC cabinets are CLX (Colpe Cros Exchange). It is located opposite Southgate Shopping Centre, the Eircom wholesale schedule originally showed it the exchange coming online (eFibre) in December 2014 :eek:

Mylow wrote: »
    The tags on the Deepforde and Grange Rath FTTC cabinets are CLX (Colpe Cros Exchange). It is located opposite Southgate Shopping Centre, the Eircom wholesale schedule originally showed it the exchange coming online (eFibre) in December 2014 :eek:

12 months away! That's just plain silly. Everything is in place and they won't switch it on for a whole year.
    Do coke cola have it in Southgate I wonder.....

12 months away! That's just plain silly. Everything is in place and they won't switch it on for a whole year.
    Do coke cola have it in Southgate I wonder.....
    Coca Cola more than likely have there own leased lines. There is also a microwave link on top of the shopping centre, don't know who that belongs to.

The Independent Shops in there have are still on the old package (ie Efibre is not avaialble). Just type in the number for Southgate Florist (041 981 8001) into the online  checkers Vodafone and eircom have, it states eFibre not available.

I think Dunnes Stores may also have leased lines, all the phones around the shop are Cisco IP phones. I would imagine all the stock control/till management is also done via leased lines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Mylow wrote: »
    Coca Cola more than likely have there own leased lines. There is also a microwave link on top of the shopping centre, don't know who that belongs to.

The Independent Shops in there have are still on the old package (ie Efibre is not avaialble). Just type in the number for Southgate Florist (041 981 8001) into the online  checkers Vodafone and eircom have, it states eFibre not available.

I think Dunnes Stores may also have leased lines, all the phones around the shop are Cisco IP phones. I would imagine all the stock control/till management is also done via leased lines.

Hi Guys,

I appreciate it is frustrating when surrounding exchanges / cabinets are planned for efibre and your specific area is not.

However May 20th was the Launch of Phase 1 of efibre, the work is ongoing and the maps / cabinets will continue to be updated.

Sorry I don't have more definitive info at this time.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dpahealy

I find this efibre roll out for Drogheda very misleading. Nobody I have talked to, I work as an IT Technician and talk to numerous people a day, have had success with their line in Drogheda. Is it actually available to any residential customers?  Using "frustrating" is nothing to do with how we feel, but instead feel mislead. How many customers I wonder, have rejoined Eircom in the previous number of months with the hope of getting efibre when it is launched, due to TV and radio advertisements and also advertisements put in the household doors. I think eircom owe it to their customers to sort out this mess they have created and tell the truth about who can and cannot avail of this service.

Regards

• Advertisement

A neighbour had just ordered broadband from vodafone in Deepforde and they've been told that it will be upgraded to efibre between the end of Sep-Oct. Has anyone else heard anything on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ilovespudss

4/5 Eircom vans parked up on the Dublin Rd, outside Deepforde yesterday morning.

Anybody have any update on efibre. Every time I see a van I start to think it could be soon, so seeing 5 vans really got me thinking!!

My neighbour in Deepforde got eircom broadband in last week and the engineer said they should have efibre by Oct / Nov the latest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

4/5 Eircom vans parked up on the Dublin Rd, outside Deepforde yesterday morning.

Anybody have any update on efibre. Every time I see a van I start to think it could be soon, so seeing 5 vans really got me thinking!!
    Hi ilovespudss

If you would like to PM me your landline number I'll look into this for you.

Thanks

Al

Is efibre going to be available in Deepforde by the end of September?

Is efibre going to be available in Deepforde by the end of September?

Hi 1jcdub

We are unable to offer timeframes as to when efibre will be available to specific lines/locations within an area marked on the map for efibre.

We do not have such information ourselves and can only offer information available to us.

Thanks

Al

Any update regarding efibre in Deepforde on when it might be available?

Thanks

Any update regarding efibre in Deepforde on when it might be available?

Thanks
    Hi 1jcdub

There's no further update to what I previously advised I'm afraid.

Thanks

Al

Again thanks for the reply

Regards,
    John

Again thanks for the reply

Regards,
    John
    Thanks John

Al

• Advertisement

Any further update on efibre being available in deepforde?

BUMP!

Hi 1jcdub

Good news, I can confirm that there are now plans to bring efibre to Deepforde in January 2014. We will have much more information on this closer to this lauch timeframe.

Thanks

Al

Thanks Alan. That's great news. When should I be able apply for the new modem to receive the new efibre? Can I apply in advance?
    P.S I'm not in contract to any broadband provider at present.
    Hi 1jcdub

Good news, I can confirm that there are now plans to bring efibre to Deepforde in January 2014. We will have much more information on this closer to this lauch timeframe.

Thanks

Al

Thanks Alan. That's great news. When should I be able apply for the new modem to receive the new efibre? Can I apply in advance?
    P.S I'm not in contract to any broadband provider at present.
    Hi 1jcdub

Thanks

Al
    No worries 1jcdub :)

It's not possible to apply in advance. You will be able to apply when it lauches in deepforde (no sooner than January 2014).

Thanks

Al

Can anyone from eircom confirm that efibre will be launched this month in Deepforde, Drogheda? If so any particular date? Ordered home phone and broadband last week.

You'll be doing well.

They just keep pushing out the date.

You'll be doing well.

They just keep pushing out the date.

Hopefully they'll have it up and running this month?

Can anyone from eircom confirm that efibre will be launched this month in Deepforde, Drogheda? If so any particular date? Ordered home phone and broadband last week.

HI 1jcdub

We are available from 12pm to 5pm Monday to Friday, We are not available on weekends. There is a 24 hour response timeframe however I have see and replied to your other thread a couple of minutes ago.

Al

• Advertisement

Hopefully they'll have it up and running this month?

Hopefully, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Every monthly deadline they set is just missed and pushed out. I think Deepforde and grangerath are the only estates in drogheda not setup?

IdI'd rather they were just honest and told us when it would be done instead of fobbing us off. Not like there is an alternative fibre provider that we can switch to

Advertisement