Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting started with performing? Open mic nights? (Dublin)

• 19-05-2013 12:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,

I've been playing music for a good while now, but mostly in my bedroom really! I've recently linked up with another musician, and something might come of that, so we'll see what happens there.

But I've started getting a bit more interested in trying my hand at performing. I've got virtually no experience playing in front of people. The odd party I've been handed a guitar and mumbled something, but that's about it :p

I'm looking for some advice on getting started with performing and getting the confidence to give it a try!

I suppose open mic nights would be the best option really. Are there any that are particularly accommodating and welcoming of new blood?? i.e. if I am crap or mess it up, the crowd will cheer even louder rather than throw rotting fruit at me! :D

Thanks!

Comments

Advertisement