Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Recorder

Options
  • 19-05-2013 2:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

hello all

I i don't know what game recorder i cant choose between the Hd pvr 2, elgato game capture card some recommendations Please thanks. can you give me some computer specs to run the recording device thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

I would opted for the Elgato as i've heard some bad stories about the HD PVR 2.

The specs are on their site..

Elgato
    System Requirements

Mac: OS X 10.7 or later, 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo CPU
    PC: Windows 7 or later, 2.0 GHz dual core CPU, sound card
    4 GB RAM, built-in USB 2.0 port

HD PVR 2
    System requirements
    Laptop or desktop PC with 3.0 GHz single core or 2.0 GHz multi-core processor
    Microsoft® Windows® 8, 7 or Vista (32 or 64-bit), or Windows XP Service Pack 3
    HD PVR 2 GE Plus includes HDPVRCapture.com application which runs on Mac OSX 10.7 / 10.8 ( Intel 32/64bit only, no PPC support)
    TV set with HDMI input
    1 GB memory recommended
    Graphics card with 256 MB memory
    Sound card
    220 MB free hard disk space
    CD-ROM drive (for software installation)

Both require component connections (usually included) to record PS3 footage due to HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection).. but the xbox 360 records straight from the HDMI cable.

Hope that helped.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

What are you planning to do with the devices?

I think you need to think a bit more about this :)

Also, AFAIK, the PVR 2 is a lot better since it got software patches, and it does all it's processing internally so it can be better for low spec recording. The elgato looks great for high end though.

There's also the Avermedia LGP that's apparently the new best in class too.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Eriesniper

I'm planning to Record Clips For montages trickshots,feeding Etc
    i will I'm not the kind tech lad ;/

Advertisement