Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wyckham Point Apartments, Dundrum (Parking spaces)

Options
  • 19-05-2013 4:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi ,
    Im thinking of moving to wyckham point very soon but the parking spaces could change my decision.
    Im just wondering if anyone knows if i move into a 3 bedroom apartment , how many parking spaces will i get?
    thanks in advance :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Most likely one per apartment

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

1 per apartment, along with some visitor spaces. If visitor spaces regularly used by same vehicles, they will be clamped or removed for trespass.

You need to get a copy of the rules for the development- it'll be spelt out in no uncertain terms.

Btw- if there aren't designated spaces- its a free-for-all, and there could be trouble.........

• Registered Users Posts: 28 spyzer

well basicly my family needs 2 cars at all times so if its only 1 car space per apartment i dont think i could move there :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

spyzer wrote: »
    well basicly my family needs 2 cars at all times so if its only 1 car space per apartment i dont think i could move there :(

you may be able to rent a second space, it will probably be 100-150 a month

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

spyzer wrote: »

Ask. You may be able to rent a second space. Many management companies are willing to do deals with owners to utilise their spaces optimally. Some of the apartments may come with 2 spaces. You need to ask.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Itll be pretty rare anywhere to find an apartment complex that has more than one designated space per apartment, regardless of the number of bedrooms. As others have said though, some may have the option of renting a second space, while others may be relaxed on the use of visitors spaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

smccarrick wrote: »
    Ask. You may be able to rent a second space. Many management companies are willing to do deals with owners to utilise their spaces optimally. Some of the apartments may come with 2 spaces. You need to ask.

Is this not illegal, planning is granted with a specific amount of parking allowed. x amount per apartment and then some for visitors. visitors space are visitors space and can't be rented out?

ted1 wrote: »
    Is this not illegal, planning is granted with a specific amount of parking allowed. x amount per apartment and then some for visitors. visitors space are visitors space and can't be rented out?

Vacant spaces belonging to vacant units maybe? I used to live in a complex where only about half of the units had ever been lived in.

Or people who do not have cars renting out their spaces to neighbours who need two spaces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

you may be able to rent a second space, it will probably be 100-150 a month

sorry to derail the thread, but is that the going rate? there have been people in my block looking to rent a parking space, but didnt think it was worth the hassle of having to ok it with the management agent, draw up some sort of basic contract, and then have to declare the income for tax purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

sorry to derail the thread, but is that the going rate? there have been people in my block looking to rent a parking space, but didnt think it was worth the hassle of having to ok it with the management agent, draw up some sort of basic contract, and then have to declare the income for tax purposes.

if you look up on daft you can see the going rate , but for south dublin (outside of dublin 2/4 )100-150 a month seems to be the usual rate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

djimi wrote: »
    Vacant spaces belonging to vacant units maybe? I used to live in a complex where only about half of the units had ever been lived in.

Or people who do not have cars renting out their spaces to neighbours who need two spaces.
    Vacant units are owned by developers and not managment companies, there not theirs to let

ted1 wrote: »
    Vacant units are owned by developers and not managment companies, there not theirs to let

Unless the developer is on the management company?

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭doughef

Hi OP.

Its very simple in wyckham Point. All of the spaces are allocated. As others have said, a larger apartment may have more than one allocated space so be sure to check.

There is no such thing as first come first served for spare spaces and all visitor spaces are colsely monitored.. visitors permits needed etc.

Best of luck.

Advertisement