Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pharmaceutical science

• 19-05-2013 6:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Looking at the level 8 course in this at WIT just wondering if anybody has information regarding it, course hours, continous/exam assesed difficulty etc :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,819 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Have 2 good friends doing it who are currently on work placement finishing 3rd year.

The course itself is as tough as you let it get really. There isn't much C/A, it's mostly Christmas and summer exams. Hours are fairly heavy.

In saying that, the placement they are on at the mo the money is very good and once finished the course graduate earnings are quite high.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SamsungS3i9300

IT and Pharmaceuticals have plenty of money. No recession in them thanks to the auld corporation tax system.

Put the head down and dedicate 4 years of your life to either and youll be a very well paid professional.

Price of tablets and healthcare is extortionate. Where do you think the money goes? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

IT and Pharmaceuticals have plenty of money. No recession in them thanks to the auld corporation tax system.

Put the head down and dedicate 4 years of your life to either and youll be a very well paid professional.

Price of tablets and healthcare is extortionate. Where do you think the money goes? :)

Very true. Hit the nail right on the head. Apart from the 4 years part as students are actually on holidays half the year :D so its 4 half years really.

Its nice studying a subject when youre pretty much guaranteed top dollar as a graduate. Takes the stress out and replaces it with determination.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭shnoo_shnoo

Does anynody know where the third year work experience is based would I be able fo to cork or dublin for it or will I be staying in waterford..?? Experience of this anybody .. please

callaway92 wrote: »
    Have 2 good friends doing it who are currently on work placement finishing 3rd year.

The course itself is as tough as you let it get really. There isn't much C/A, it's mostly Christmas and summer exams. Hours are fairly heavy.

In saying that, the placement they are on at the mo the money is very good and once finished the course graduate earnings are quite high.

Do you have any idea where they had to go for placement or what they did ?

• Advertisement

You should be looking in places like Genzyme. I know a couple of people doing it there at the mo finishing their placement up this week. They love it there and the money is great. Know 1 person in Bausch and Lomb too which isn't as good apparently but still fine for what is the intended goal i.e experience.

Do you have any idea where they had to go for placement or what they did ?

Yup, replied in the other thread you created. Can't remember exactly what they're doing as I'm not in that field but as far as I know, it was 100% relevant to their future work.

callaway92 wrote: »
    You should be looking in places like Genzyme. I know a couple of people doing it there at the mo finishing their placement up this week. They love it there and the money is great. Know 1 person in Bausch and Lomb too which isn't as good apparently but still fine for what is the intended goal i.e experience.

Thanks for the heads up having a look at all that now :) Thanks for all your replies on this by the way, Big Help :o

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Merged topics into one

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Yien_y

hey ! in average how many student in one class of pharmaceutical science ? and how many international student ? :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement