Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Save the Forests - The Turf Cutting Ban - Themes for 100000 Poets for Change

Options
  • 19-05-2013 7:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

The turf cutting ban and the sale of the forest harvesting rights are two of the issues that Tullamore Rhymers Club will be taking up as themes for the 2013 grassroots event 100,000 Poets For Change.

As part of that, at Derrycassen Wood in County Longford today some members will be taking part in the Bards in the Woods event, and I will be reading a few of my poems on the topic to which I link below.

If there is anyone in the area that wants to join in, its at 15:00.

Walking the Bog
    Poem reflecting on capitalism, the false promises of same and its impact on the traditional turf industry.

Dark Brown Turf
    Poem exploring the folly of the eco lobby stating that the turf industry is bad for the environment, and that other forms including nuclear is better.

The Exodus
    One familys journey seeking the pot of gold at the end of capitalisms rainbow cost the family its homestead. A generation later, the son returns to his home county, and reflects on Capitalisms false promises.

Advertisement