Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Togher church bells

Options
  • 19-05-2013 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi guys,

I'm just wondering how many people around the togher church who can hear the bells very clearly in their house are being driven mad?

A couple of weeks ago I timed the bells on a Sunday and from 8.45 - 12.00 the bells rang for 26 minutes over the course of 12 bells. Is this really necessary? Are there 12 masses on or something? Not to mention how loud they are and how sometimes they don't sound like music, just a clatter of bells.

Would love to know how everyone living around the area feels?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

I've a thread about this same issue !
    I emailed the church this morning to complain. If you do the same they might take heed. I suggested they compromise by playing 'tunes' for 3 minutes only upto 4 times a day! Its crazy how the can play upto half an hour at a time, even though there are breaks in between ,it appears continuous!
    fily55 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm just wondering how many people around the togher church who can hear the bells very clearly in their house are being driven mad?

A couple of weeks ago I timed the bells on a Sunday and from 8.45 - 12.00 the bells rang for 26 minutes over the course of 12 bells. Is this really necessary? Are there 12 masses on or something? Not to mention how loud they are and how sometimes they don't sound like music, just a clatter of bells.

Would love to know how everyone living around the area feels?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 fily55

seefin wrote: »
    I've a thread about this same issue !
    I emailed the church this morning to complain. If you do the same they might take heed. I suggested they compromise by playing 'tunes' for 3 minutes only upto 4 times a day! Its crazy how the can play upto half an hour at a time, even though there are breaks in between ,it appears continuous!

I didn't even realize they had an email, or a website for that matter. I'll do that for sure. I'll try to ask for 1 minute dings and not such excessive hymns. Especially in the morning (before 11). Also to lower the volume.

They don't seem to be so bad this morning now to be fair, I'll still get on to them .

Thanks, glad to see that I'm not alone in this

Did you ring them ? I got no reply to my email, tried ringing this evening as been playing almost half an hour. I'm bringing a ghetto blaster with me during Sunday mass and blasting it in the door :-)

I didn't even realize they had an email, or a website for that matter. I'll do that for sure. I'll try to ask for 1 minute dings and not such excessive hymns. Especially in the morning (before 11). Also to lower the volume.

They don't seem to be so bad this morning now to be fair, I'll still get on to them .

Thanks, glad to see that I'm not alone in this

• Registered Users Posts: 13 fily55

seefin wrote: »
    Did you ring them ? I got no reply to my email, tried ringing this evening as been playing almost half an hour. I'm bringing a ghetto blaster with me during Sunday mass and blasting it in the door :-)

Haha, not yet. I'll be emailing them this week but judging by their outdated website, I'm guessing they don't read much emails.

I thought they turned down the volume and Sunday mornings seem to be more quiet but right now they are having a hymn fest.

You're probably right, they haven't seen my email. Ill try calling them tomorrow morning,an email is much more anonymous though,plus it won't seem so annoying when I'm not listening to it so will prob chicken out! You def email them too,they can't ignore a massive protest of two !
    Haha, not yet. I'll be emailing them this week but judging by their outdated website, I'm guessing they don't read much emails.

I thought they turned down the volume and Sunday mornings seem to be more quiet but right now they are having a hymn fest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Snail mail is the only way to go for complaints really and do give your name and address....why the need for anonymity? I nice polite request with a name will be taken much more seriously than an "anonymous" email which they may not even read.

Advertisement