Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

secondary school yearbooks/diary

Options
  • 19-05-2013 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I'm looking to advertise in secondary school yearbooks/diary.
    Does anyone know if each school does it themselves or do they outsource it to advertising companies?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Pretty sure, at least the schools I dealt with, all got the diaries from the same company (Name escapes me). I'd imagine they sell the space and in term sell the diaries to the schools. No harm asking the school directly.

Just wondering why you would be targeting that younger market? Secondary school diaries are seldom seen by parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 greg4577

I'd be selling products to the debs market! If you have the name of the company that does the diaries, let me know.

Thanks

greg4577 wrote: »
    I'd be selling products to the debs market! If you have the name of the company that does the diaries, let me know.

Thanks

I'd be opinion that you'd be wasting your time advertising in diaries. I'd just advertise directly in the school and it would probably be cheaper. Debs is a closed club when it comes to who does what.

Yes, it's very difficult to get in with the schools now. Are you able to advertise directly with the certain schools?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭corkoian

If your talking about homework journals O'Brien does ours! www.obrienschooldiaries.com

• Advertisement

Yes, it's very difficult to get in with the schools now. Are you able to advertise directly with the certain schools?

I advertised in my old school but I wouldn't see a huge problem in contacting a school. Definitely go in person and meet the principal as they would have the final say. It would probably be easier in private schools and the Dept. of Education probably have their own guidelines (At a guess!) My experience,as with any business, has been if it is of benefit to the client (i.e. Students & Parents) then there is rarely a problem.

Whats the business? Deb's is fairly saturated and really seasonal!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

What about using Facebook? You can specify your demographics to include people aged 15-18 (or whatever age it is!), in a specific county, etc. Feel free to PM me if you want more info.

I do suits for the debs so trying to get in with the debs committee and give them some discount. Was thinking of Facebook aswell, not sure how that will Work though!!

I do suits for the debs so trying to get in with the debs committee and give them some discount. Was thinking of Facebook aswell, not sure how that will Work though!!

Facebook can be expensive. You may wish to try get in contact with debs companies. Their flyers have suit companies on them normally but they may expect a cut of the proceeds.

Is this you main business? i.e. Just debs? If so, I would urge caution. Its a very saturated market and I know a few people who buy a suit at their debs for the simple reason the likes of M&S have them for so cheap and its a wise investment for later years (Most people have stopped growing etc)

Advertisement