Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help me find a foundation that won't slide off my face in heat!

• 19-05-2013 10:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭

Hiya, I need a wee bit of help!

I need a foundation that won't slide off my face in the heat when I go on holiday in October. The area I'm going to hits over 40 degrees at that time of year, and I desperately need something that won't fall off of my face. :pac:

I have REALLY pale skin, and have found all MAC foundations to be too dark, even when the sales people tested them on me. :( I currently use Essence Made 2 Match foundation, because it's the only one I can find recently that looks natural on my skin. :o

I don't care about price, budget or expensive foundations are fine, I just need something that won't slide off of my face. :pac:

Any help would be great. Also, I have combination skin, a very clear and generally quite even complexion and don't need a huge amount of coverage. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I have worn Double Wear in Cyprus, Malta, Turkey, Las Vegas, Egypt, Portugal, etc and always stays on. I set it with a powder too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭alleystar

Colorstay, Revlon? The one for oily/combination skin is very good and fair or buff are pretty light. It stays on for 24 hours regardless of what you're doing (my experience anyway).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭vamos!

alleystar wrote: »
    Colorstay, Revlon? The one for oily/combination skin is very good and fair or buff are pretty light. It stays on for 24 hours regardless of what you're doing (my experience anyway).

Revlon is good but I don't find the pale colours to be all theta pale. Estee Lauder Doublewear all the way! Set with a tiny bit of powder and nothing will shift it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Estee Lauder Doublewear gets my vote. The very pale shade (Ivory Bone I think?) matches my skin very well also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

I also am looking for a long wear foundation, but Estee Lauder breaks me out and colour stay makes my skin look chalky and dead and never sets right on my nose etc, anyone have any other suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 602 ✭✭✭hotbabe1992

I know this is going to be a suprise to you seeming you use essence and are probably sick of it,

It is the best that is out there for pale skin i use essence mousse foundation matte 04 and it is the palest shade in the mousse range,and i have pale skin and it doesnt even come up a tint of orange on me..

For a more expensive make up i would reccomend if you want to go expensive is urban decay naked foundation in shade 0.5 very pale , or 1.0 pale.

I would stay away from all the gimmicks out there and stick with something that is true to your shade no point in being carried away by brands like MAC etc, when you can get something that is your shade that might not nessecarily hold high esteem amongst make up promoters etc..

I would also reccommend double wear,but make sure you get in in a very pale shade i notice the make up ladys will try to get you to go orange(maybe thats just my experience),but insist on the right colour..

Powders are very good aswell for keeping shine and make up melt downs at bay,i would reccommend a good powder that has staying power such as No7 or urban decay translucent powder(for pale skins).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Thanks. I'm home and all from my holiday, though! Ended up not bothering with foundation, every bit of make up I wore just slid off of my face!

I've tried UD foundation and the palest one is too dark, it looks orange on my skin (I seriously look like a ghost). I use UD for most of my eye shadows and eyeliners but never for foundation. Waste of thirty odd euro for me!

Found a BB cream that works perfectly with my skin tone, can't remember the brand, but I'm all sorted now. :)

Advertisement