Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman threatened to jump off N7 flyover - outcome?

Options
  • 19-05-2013 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine contacted me on Friday evening (17/05/13) telling me that a woman was on the N7 flyover, where the Luas Park & Ride is, threatening to jump. I heard all traffic was stopped and Gardai and ambulance service were on scene.

There was no mention of this on the news and was wondering if anyone knows what happened? I assume the lady was talked out of jumping? However, I believe another lady unfortunately did commit suicide jumping from the same location a number of months ago but this did not get any media attention.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Believe they don't like things like you mentioned reported in the media in case it gives other people ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Believe they don't like things like you mentioned reported in the media in case it gives other people ideas.

+1

There's a media hush of sorts about suicides. One could argue that without the hush, suicides would be even more common than they are already :(

The last one I remember that was reported locally was a person who jumped in front of a train at the (unfinished) Kishoge train station. Very sad :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I was in one of the front line cars there to be stopped, It seems it was a thirteen year old girl who stepped onto the outside of the bridge,Firebrigade came with a turntable ladder and they also had out a pretty big inflatable cushion,One of the ES personell was beside her and talking to her,After about 40 mins she got back over with help and went away in ambalance,I dread to think what would make a thirteen year old girl want to do something like that.Hope she gets all the help she needs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I seen recently that the papers reported that there was line failure on the DART and tweeted it. And someone on twitter, tweeted back something like it was Irish rails poor management and Irish rail tweeted back well it was a suicide actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

realies wrote: »
    I was in one of the front line cars there to be stopped, It seems it was a thirteen year old girl who stepped onto the outside of the bridge,Firebrigade came with a turntable ladder and they also had out a pretty big inflatable cushion,One of the ES personell was beside her and talking to her,After about 40 mins she got back over with help and went away in ambalance,I dread to think what would make a thirteen year old girl want to do something like that.Hope she gets all the help she needs.

Glad to hear there wasn't a fatality and hopefully that young girl will get the help that she needs. How sad that someone as young as her would feel that is her only option.

Thanks for the update realies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement