Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Confusion!!

Options
  • 19-05-2013 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭

I'm going home in August for good, I'm currently in Perth, before I leave I will be applying for my tax back at them accountants up set up a stall In shopping centres. They seem pretty reasonable with their fees.
    My question is about the super, can you claim it before I leave ? Friend of mine who was here was telling me he was able to claim his tax and super back before he left, is this true?
    Do you sign a form saying I won't be back to Oz to work ever again to get all your super back? Otherwise you get about 40% taken off ya for taking out the super early?
    I seem to get told a different story everyone time when Iook for info on it.
    Can somebody put me in the right direction on it?
    Cheers 😊

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,339 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

STIG83 wrote: »
    Do you sign a form saying I won't be back to Oz to work ever again to get all your super back?

Otherwise you get about 40% taken off ya for taking out the super early?

Afraid you are getting mixed up here.
    Once you no longer have a valid temporary visa to oz. You can fill out forms to claim some of your super back. Not all if it.

There's no "otherwise". You are taking it out early, so they will take a cut. The percent is variable between 35 and 45%, so 40% is about average.

Advertisement