Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW38, and the last Matchday Thread

• 19-05-2013 11:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭

Well. With the top two decided will some of the big guns rest players and give the younger lads a chance, or display exhibition football, Spurs and Arsenal still battling for CL places, and the relegated teams maybe trying to restore pride. It could be a very interesting final day.

25 minutes to get them teams in and decide your captains. It all kicks off at 4pm.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Kinder Bueno

I was adamant all week that Walcott was going to be my captain but have just changed that to Sturridge, really hope that doesn't come back to bite me in the arse.

What the feck are supposed to do after today? No FF for 3 months. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I was adamant all week that Walcott was going to be my captain but have just changed that to Sturridge, really hope that doesn't come back to bite me in the arse.

What the feck are supposed to do after today? No FF for 3 months. :(

I started with Lukaku hoping for a relaxed utd with a foot off the gas.

:D

I dunno. Maybe fantasy Confederations Cup.

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Hoping for some Newcastle goals today! I think my season rests on Hart and Zab both playing and keeping clean sheets.

Also, if Baines wants to finally reward me with a goal, now's the time son!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

think we all knew he wouldn't be involved anyway for different reasons but it's been confirmed that Rooney has been given permission to miss today's game as coleen is due to give birth.

should guarantee a starting place for RVP and you'd expect chicarito too.

10 mins to go. I wonder would it be worth a -4 to bring in Chico for Tevez? 7 points behind in my main league.

• Advertisement

Scoring odds

Bale/Sturridge: 4/7
    Aguero/Tevez: 5/6
    Walcott: 5/4
    Coutinho: 6/5
    Cazorla: 2/1

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

These are the men that will lead me to glory with my lucky charm, Mickey Turner supporting from the bench alongside Wilson and Townsend.
    Hart
    Enrique-Baines-Dawson
    Bale (c)-Walcott-Lampard-Maloney
    RVP-Kone-Dzeko

If Dzeko starts and proceeds to score a hat-trick I may well do a dance. It's about time Baines picked up a goal too. At 6pm our players will have given their all and we will be at the mercy of the bonus points.

Best of luck lads, all I'll ask is that QPR keep a clean sheet/maybe let Enrique score otherwise I'm goosed as I feel extremely naked without a Cout :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Team picked:

Now I'm off to watch Cavan play Armagh. Pointless day of FF today, compounded for me by Rodgers probably not starting Enrique and my sub defenders being Russell Martin and Harte.

Possibly my last post on this forum so if it is lads, I bid you adieu.

Lemlin wrote: »

Possibly my last post on this forum

Hopefully.

Team picked:

Now I'm off to watch Cavan play Armagh. Pointless day of FF today, compounded for me by Rodgers probably not starting Enrique and my sub defenders being Russell Martin and Harte.
    What a shame, I feel for you. Shame about Enrique too.

• Advertisement

roryc wrote: »
    Hopefully.

Graceful to the end I see RoryC.

I'd see that as a lack of ambition on your part tbh. What's your record against me? I think I've beaten you on 4 out of the last six seasons, or is it 5 out of the last six?

I'm not sure but if I had a rival like that I wouldn't want the competition to end with me left as the loser.

You may win today, and part of me hopes you do so I can take a break from the forum, but you'll still always be below me in terms of FF performance.

Do you hear that sound RoryC? That's the sound of second place :D

What a shame, I feel for you. Shame about Enrique too.

Ah I'm not too worried about it. In fairness to Enrique he has performed better than I ever would have expected since I got him in and he, Suarez and Sturridge were integral to my top score of 120+ one week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Hart
    Evans Dawson Baines
    Silva Coutinho Bale(c) Mata
    Rvp Sturridge(v) Kone

In contention to win all 3 of my h2h leagues but all 3 are in the balance :o

Good luck to all

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

roryc wrote: »
    Hopefully.

MOD: I warned you and Lemlin multiple times. I warned you both over a week ago. I infracted you both a few days ago. I told both of you that if you start bickering again or try to start this up again, you will be banned.

RoryC 3 day ban.

My money league comes down to City conceding. Grant Holt, Robert Snodgrass, if you can hear me, get on the end of something please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

My main rival has Tevez (as captain, I have him non-captain), Hernandez, Lennon and Clyne as differentials, and I have a 40-point headstart. I should really be safe, if I were to lose from here I'd quit the game.

Having said that, I still have nightmares about watching Tevez score a hat-trick a few years ago in a match that was supposed to be called off because of snow but ultimately got the go ahead. I watched it with my friend and my brother who both had him captain and were both my two main rivals in my league, while my dad berated me for being so stupid for not having Tevez in my team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Very interesting situation in the race for the overall title. One of the FFS regulars (evs) is in 5th place and 8 points off the leader. He has transferred in Michu and made him capt for the final week. None of the 4 above him have Michu and all have captained Bale. Its a ballsy move and could get him the title.

He was interviewed on the latest FFS podcast and while he didnt say what he was going to do, he did say that he would most likely take a chance as coming 2nd was the same as 15th for him and he may as well just go for the win. Fair play to him, great attitude to have. He came across as a really nice guy and I hope he wins

FutureGuy wrote: »
    My money league comes down to City conceding. Grant Holt, Robert Snodgrass, if you can hear me, get on the end of something please!

I could do with City conceding too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Had my team picked & provisionally left the captaincy on Coutihno,woke up today with a hangover and forgot to change it.

Hopefully today will be like this:

uXCoYqH.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

KevIRL wrote: »
    Very interesting situation in the race for the overall title. One of the FFS regulars (evs) is in 5th place and 8 points off the leader. He has transferred in Michu and made him capt for the final week. None of the 4 above him have Michu and all have captained Bale. Its a ballsy move and could get him the title.

He was interviewed on the latest FFS podcast and while he didnt say what he was going to do, he did say that he would most likely take a chance as coming 2nd was the same as 15th for him and he may as well just go for the win. Fair play to him, great attitude to have. He came across as a really nice guy and I hope he wins

Good tactics, no point captaining Bale in his position as it gives him a very slim chance of winning. I was in a similar position, I'm 2nd in Ireland and was going for first but we both have similar teams and both have Sturridge as captain so I have no chance.

• Advertisement

KevIRL wrote: »

I almost captained Michu. The plan all week was to bring him in and Captain him but changed to Bale at literally the last second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

No Rooney today,his missus is having a baby so he's been given the day off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Good tactics, no point captaining Bale in his position as it gives him a very slim chance of winning. I was in a similar position, I'm 2nd in Ireland and was going for first but we both have similar teams and both have Sturridge so I have no chance.

2nd in Ireland is seriously impressive stuff. Where does that leave you overall? I'm currently 231st in the world and that only leaves me 32nd in Ireland. We appear to punch above our weight somewhat in fantasy football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Good tactics, no point captaining Bale in his position as it gives him a very slim chance of winning. I was in a similar position, I'm 2nd in Ireland and was going for first but we both have similar teams and both have Sturridge so I have no chance.

Fair play to you in any case, that's a great result no matter what happens today, I see ye both only got Sturridge in this week as well, I'd say you haven't a chance but good luck to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Fair play to you in any case, that's a great result no matter what happens today, I see ye both only got Sturridge in this week as well, I'd say you haven't a chance but good luck to you.

I'm 17th overall. Your man in first has a suspiciously Flemish sounding name so maybe an ID check is my best bet of coming first ;-)

Our teams are nearly identical so just trying to finish top ten which might happen if Sturridge gets another hat trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

7436 wildcards played, good things wont happen for those who wait

Possibly my last post on this forum so if it is lads, I bid you adieu.

:eek: If you leave me now you'll take away the biggest part of me, etc :pac:......we could have had a team of Mickey Turner's together and it would have been beautiful.

My greatest dream is to unite yourself and roryc somehow even if I have to turn into Evil Mr.Prodston :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Confirmed #LFC team v QPR: Reina, Johnson, Enrique, Carragher, Skrtel, Lucas, Henderson, Downing, Ibe, Coutinho, Sturridge.
    Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Arteta, Ramsey, Rosicky, Cazorla, Walcott, Podolski
    Man City team v Norwich: Hart, Zabaleta, Richards, Lescott, Kolarov, Yaya Toure, Rodwell, Milner, Tevez, Nasri, Dzeko
    Team: Cech; Iva, Cah, D Luiz, Cole; Ake, Lamps (c); Torres, Mata, Osc; Ba.
    Fergie's last team: Lindergaard, Jones, Evans, Buttner, Valencia, Carrick, Cleverley, Anderson, Kagawa, Van Persie, Hernandez

Dzeko Starts!!!!!!!!! :D

breakdance.png

• Advertisement

Lukaku benched

Did anyone transfer in Ibe. Some differential there

iMuse wrote: »
    Lukaku benched
    Benched him myself. Useless!

Maybe Clarke made his decision after consulting your setup

No Silva wtf!

Robles benched for wigan

• Advertisement

Any more team sheets lads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭carrig2

I signed giroud f**k that bassong my first sub. I am screwed

Liverpool: Reina, Johnson, Enrique, Carragher, Skrtel, Lucas, Henderson, Downing, Ibe, Coutinho, Sturridge.

Newcastle: Harper; Debuchy, S.Taylor, Coloccini (c), Yanga-Mbiwa; Tiote, Cabaye, Gutierrez; Ben Arfa, Cisse, Gouffran.

Man Citeh: Hart, Zabaleta, Richards, Lescott, Kolarov, Yaya Toure, Rodwell, Milner, Tevez, Nasri, Dzeko

Reading: McCarthy, Gunter, Kelly, Gorkss, Morrison, Karacan, Guthrie, McCleary, Robson-Kanu, McAnuff (c), Pogrebnyak

West 'Am: Jaaskelainen, Demel, O'Brien, Collins, Reid, Noble, Diame, J Cole, Nolan, Vaz Te, Carroll

WBA: Foster; Jones, McAuley, Olsson, Ridgewell; Yacob, Mulumbu; Dorrans, Morrison, Brunt; Long

Saints: K. Davis, Clyne, Fonte, Hooiveld, Shaw, Schneiderlin, Cork, S. Davis, Rodriguez, Lallana (c), Lambert

Wigan: Al Habsi, Kone, McCarthy, Watson, Maloney, Gomez, McArthur, Boyce, Espinoza

Norwich: Ruddy; R.Martin, Whittaker, Johnson, Howson, Snodgrass, Holt (C), Pilkington, Hoolahan, Garrido, R.Bennett

Everton: Howard, Coleman, Baines, Jagielka, Distin, Gibson, Fellaini, Pienaar, Mirallas, Naismith, Anichebe

Villa: Guzan, Lowton, Vlaar [c], Baker, Bennett, Westwood, Delph, Sylla, Weimann, Agbonlahor, Bent

Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Arteta, Ramsey, Rosicky, Cazorla, Walcott, Podolski

QPR: Green; Harriman, Onuoha, Hill, Traore, Derry, Park, Remy, Zamora, Townsend, Mbia

Stoke: Begovic; Shotton, Shawcross, Huth, Wilson; Walters, Nzonzi, Whitehead, Cameron, Etherington; Crouch

Swansea: Vorm, Rangel, Chico, Williams (c), Davies, Britton, de Guzman, Routledge, Dyer, Hernandez, Michu.

Spurs: Lloris/walker Dawson Caulker Vertonghen/Parker Huddlestone/Lennon Bale Dempsey/Adebayor

Sunderland: Mignolet/Larsson Cuellar O'Shea Colback /Mclean Vaughan N'Diaye Johnson/Wickham Graham

Fulham: Schwarzer; Riether, Senderos, Hangeland, Riise; Duff, Frimpong, Enoh, Kacaniklic; Ruiz; Berbatov.

Man Utd: Lindegaard, Valencia, Buttner, Evans, Jones, Anderson, Carrick, Cleverley, Kagawa, RVP, Hernandez

Chelsea: Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Luiz, Cole; Ake, Lampard (c); Torres, Mata, Oscar; Ba.

Woah that's a lot of copying and pasting :pac:

*AwaitingChelsea*

I posted it further up the page :)

Clichy not starting is my only no show. I'll have Clyne coming on in his place. Game on (for a 0-0 draw!)!

• Advertisement

I posted it further up the page :)

Cheers, we have it now and Lampard starts which is good news :D

All 11 starting for me thank God... annnd breath...

manual_man wrote: »
    Maybe Clarke made his decision after consulting your setup

Sold him for Dzeko, I think we can assume he won't be at West Brom next year because of that too :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,210 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Hernandez starts, get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Nastasic an awful frustrating player, should start more often. Brought defoe in about 4 weeks ago, for the second time this season he has beem a shocking purchase. Never again.

No goalkeeper. Doing things the hard way bitches!!!

No Nastasic either so I would do anything for a city clean sheet. Actually I might lay a city cleanie.

Lukaku benched

And for about 24 hrs I had considered him Captain.

:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Thank Christ its the last day of the season, I need a break from this game!

Al Habsi starts! So glad I took my eye of the ball and didn't ship him out when he hadn't played for a few weeks on end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

Bloody Aguero. He better stay on the bench.

• Advertisement
Advertisement