Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asus S200E CT157H, CT158H OR CT216H

Options
  • 19-05-2013 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Help, please.... can I ask some advice, pros & cons, etc on the above 3 machines?
    Teenager looking for portable laptop, W8, touchscreen, i3 processor and have narrowed it down to these 3 models but now stuck... any recommendations for users or deal prices in (brick 'n mortar) shops would be most helpful.
    Already has Nexus 7 and home pc if that helps.
    Thanks.
    T

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Tripzy

Is there any help or support on this decision please??

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Markachy

They're all old tech - you want a laptop with an Ivy Bridge Core i3 (or i5) processor. You'll know from the model number - you want a processor that is an "i3 3xxx" NOT an "i3 2xxx" and definitelty not a Pentium or Celeron, they're ancient tech. Get one online from a website like saveonlaptops or even Dell, bricks and mortar rip you off by selling laptops like the ones listed above - the processors in all of them are old tech and should be a lot cheaper than they currently are in PC World/Currys etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Tripzy

Markachy wrote: »
    They're all old tech - you want a laptop with an Ivy Bridge Core i3 (or i5) processor. You'll know from the model number - you want a processor that is an "i3 3xxx" NOT an "i3 2xxx" and definitelty not a Pentium or Celeron, they're ancient tech. Get one online from a website like saveonlaptops or even Dell, bricks and mortar rip you off by selling laptops like the ones listed above - the processors in all of them are old tech and should be a lot cheaper than they currently are in PC World/Currys etc.

Thanks Markachy, that is most helpful and get what you're saying about prices online v bricks 'n mortar. Haven't any experience of saveonlaptops or indeed any online for this kind of purchase so any pointers would be great, thanks again. T

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Markachy

I've bought online before but never from these guys so can't honestly recommend them straight up, simply because I don't know. They look legit to me though.

Check Komplett.ie, I know friends who have used them easily and happily.

Advertisement