Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vehicle cctv camera

Options
  • 19-05-2013 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭

not a house security system but im looking for advice for a vehicle security cctv camera.
    Basically my dad deals alot with heavy machinery and is having major problems with break ins from windows being removed, diesel and alot of it being stolen from machines and tanks etc, locks being broken off machines and just usual crap.
    Im after a cctv camera that is hardlined to a car charger (12v) with a motion detection and night vision capability, these machines have a power key that turns off all power over night so it would need to be rechargable.
    Now what im finding hard to get is a camera that wipes its own memory every 3 or 7 days, which would be perfect, but a memory card would still be very good.
    If possible a solar power function as the machine is left idle for usually 2 weeks a year for holidays.
    Will need to be waterproof as it will be outside 24/7 and if possible shock proof as its gona be mounted on the cab and it will need to take a shaking.
    We've tried signs and they have been broken to bits and thrown away so this would be the next step.
    Price wise not looking to spend alot so cheaper is sorta better.

If not any ideas are welcome!!! :)
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

A dog or 2 that are security trained would be a great plus. Put up security lights and also try globeteck here is the link http://stores.ebay.ie/GlobeTeck

I found there service and equipment very good and up for the job bought a lot myself.

For vehicle cctv you would need to hard wire to the battery and plenty of these types of systems on the net.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭whizbang

I would leave a strategically placed old car nearby, with a couple of dashcams subtly installed. Put a spare battery in it, it can run for weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭$kilkenny

Unfortunatly any lights etc would be moreless useless, these machines spend most of thier time in woods, fields, mountains etc and could be beside a main road one day and in the hills the next.
    Hoping to try get a motion sensitive unit thats hardwired to a fag lighter in the cab to charge it during the day when ita turned on.
    Been googling alot and nothing comes up with exactly what im after :)

Advertisement