Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Brom V Manchester United (Champions) Fergie Farewell: The Last Stand.

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

Brb, I've got a little something in my eye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

take a bow son

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Brings a tear to my eye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Here come the Liverpool fans.

The ones I know have been on great form recently.

Have celebrated twice in the past two weeks, with Ferguson retiring and Chelsea winning the Europa Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The end of an era.

Fergie was as good as an extra player, given his reputation.

Sad he is retiring but at least it is on his own terms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

The ones I know have been on great form recently.

Have celebrated twice in the past two weeks, with Ferguson retiring and Chelsea winning the Europa Cup.

Three times. We were celebrating when we heard Moyes was taking over as well.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Three times. We were celebrating when we heard Moyes was taking over as well.

:-)

How the mighty have fallen. From celebrating the Golden Glove award, to this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Celebrating that Everton will be losing the man who made them into the top club in Merseyside? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

26 years summed up in one match. Joyous, infuriating, dramatic but thoroughly entertaining. "Football. . . Bloody Hell"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Kerr: "All the midfielders seemed to be members of the Non-Tacklers Union today, until Scholes came on and started millin' people."

Did Kerr just say "Pavlova"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Fuck the result,that was entertaining.Much rather that than a drab 1-0 to see out the season & Fergie's reign as manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Anders 'Taibi' Lindegaard?

Can't remember a worse goalkeeping performance in a Utd shirt in recent years. He was like a little lamb. No effort whatsoever. I know the defending was shocking but Lindegaard's frailty and jelly limbs didn't exactly inspire confidence.

[edit] It's funny to think that last season he was seen as the more 'assertive' and 'stable' of the two keepers. There's an obvious massive gulf between them now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭Gorilla Rising

100-1, I was thinking of putting a €1 on it but I didn't :(

Hindsight's a great thing. At the time, it still would've looked a waste of a Euro.

Sometimes you can take a punt and get lucky, but no point dwelling on the one's you don't.

Lindegaard wasn't horrendous. That was the worst display of goalkeeping I've seen in a while.

Lukaku was awesome, but he was helped by the defence. Utterly ridiculous.

Midfield was practically non-existent too. Anderson was seriously quiet in the second half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭Gorilla Rising

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Here come the Liverpool fans.

You have to listen really hard though what with them being all tucked away down there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

WE WANT TEN!!!

Not exactly the way you envisaged it though was it?!

Mad game altogether. We had a birthday in the pub so there was very little interest in it. Mad game altogether.

Hernandez and Kagawa look like they might be a great pairing altogether. Chicha's flick to Cleverley for Buttner's goal was class too.

Advertisement