Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Pearse Stadium parking - read mod warning in post #1

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

zarquon wrote: »
    I certainly hope that no one engages in such activity. I was being hypothetically facetious using hyperbole to demonstrate a point and did so because i recalled of one overly vocal illegal parker in this thread who had his car keyed in the past due to the same activity and complained, rightly so!(for the record, i completely disagree with the criminal damage). The point was that when the law is broken and someone is a victim due to it they are classed as whingers by classless victim blamers who are more than likely culprits of illegal parking on Sunday and use victim blaming to deflect responsibility for their own actions. Some of these victim blamers could and have been victims themselves in the past whereupon one could construe by their own classifications that they were whingers too.

There's a lot of hypocracy flying around and i would love a city in which we would all be civil and considerate to one another but there is a lot of selfishness floating around with motorists and when karma bites the selfish people should realise how others feel.

Events like the match on Sunday bring out the worst kind of selfishness in some people, and certainly a significant percentage of matchgoers who have no qualms about inconveniencing others for their own convenience.

What goes around comes around, gloat with glee when the gardai overlook your indiscretion but don't cry when the gardai overlook an indiscretion against you!

At least you dont condone Criminal Damage I can respect that. I've said before I'm not a driver. Just dont get the illogical laughing at keyed cars and condoning it because of some daft notions. Unfortunately theres more than one person in this thread with a burning desire to become the "Keyman" the city needs. Those types of classless vandals its hard to have any sympathy for just looking for a flimsy excuse to vandalise to hearts content.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Mr.Solo also views obstructing a footpath to be the same as blocking A&E. I guess he works for an especially OTT tabloid. He loves adding a level of fantasy and drama to things.
    Perhaps then YOU shouldn't have insisted that all obstacles (bar non-existent wizards) were readily negotiable? Which was, ya know, you yourself saying blocking a footpath and blocking an A+E amounted to the same thing.
    Bit unfortunate for all you subsequent whining that, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Perhaps then YOU shouldn't have insisted that all obstacles (bar non-existent wizards) were readily negotiable? Which was, ya know, you yourself saying blocking a footpath and blocking an A+E amounted to the same thing.
    Bit unfortunate for all you subsequent whining that, eh?

No I tried to illustrate the difference between them in detail but it appeared too complicated for you. You made this mess. You cant seem to tell the difference between a minor diversion while walking your dog and obstructing someone critically injured. You equate this scourge of cars to be equal to many ridiculous OTT things like life & death and ISIS. Whereas me well I just made a joke about Gandalf blocking the way as that is one of the best known moments from the character. You decided to try and bring a simple joke into real life parking scenarios (like you bring in ISIS). There are many replicas of that scene be it from exams to gates. Its quite common. 99% of people understand it as a joke without taking it to real life and claiming that Gandalf is not real and did not set the exam or build the gate so therefore it is impossible. Your bizzare reaction to a well known joke led to all this. Its hilarious for me as you flounder about grasping at flimsy arguments but it really doesnt flatter you. I now know at least that you equate ISIS with parking. Admittedly I wouldnt make a joke about ISIS beheading someone as its not funny so I shant make any more parking related jokes as I am now aware of how sensitive you are and find beheadings as serious as parking. That OK sweetie?

No I tried to illustrate the difference between them in detail but it appeared too complicated for you. You made this mess. You cant seem to tell the difference between a minor diversion while walking your dog and obstructing someone critically injured. You equate this scourge of cars to be equal to many ridiculous OTT things like life & death and ISIS. Whereas me well I just made a joke about Gandalf blocking the way as that is one of the best known moments from the character. You decided to try and bring a simple joke into real life parking scenarios (like you bring in ISIS). There are many replicas of that scene be it from exams to gates. Its quite common. 99% of people understand it as a joke without taking it to real life and claiming that Gandalf is not real and did not set the exam or build the gate so therefore it is impossible. Your bizzare reaction to a well known joke led to all this. Its hilarious for me as you flounder about grasping at flimsy arguments but it really doesnt flatter you. I now know at least that you equate ISIS with parking. Admittedly I wouldnt make a joke about ISIS beheading someone as its not funny so I shant make any more parking related jokes as I am now aware of how sensitive you are and find beheadings as serious as parking. That OK sweetie?
    Listen, I know it's real embarrassing for you getting caught by the short n curlies flat out contradicting yourself, but such shockingly inept errors could be considered character building for you. Sure, you made a joke, nobody found it funny, and now you're claiming you only meant it as a joke as there was actually eff all of substance to it by your own subsequent admission. Hey, maybe next time for bonus internet points you could post something that was both "a joke" and made the point you were trying to make? Just a suggestion. Maybe one to work on offline in case you fall flat on your face yet again?
    The "99% of people..." line is a good one to wheel out at primary school debates too when you're panic stricken. At least we can say you remember your basics when you're taking an obvious thrashing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,151 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Listen, I know it's real embarrassing for you getting caught by the short n curlies flat out contradicting yourself, but such shockingly inept errors could be considered character building for you. Sure, you made a joke, nobody found it funny, and now you're claiming you only meant it as a joke as there was actually eff all of substance to it by your own subsequent admission. Hey, maybe next time for bonus internet points you could post something that was both "a joke" and made the point you were trying to make? Just a suggestion. Maybe one to work on offline in case you fall flat on your face yet again?
    The "99% of people..." line is a good one to wheel out at primary school debates too when you're panic stricken. At least we can say you remember your basics when you're taking an obvious thrashing.
    There's nothing like an online win!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭crusier

I found it a quite witty and apt joke, again you speak for everyone else. Don't speak for me Danny solo! The hint is in your username

crusier wrote: »
    I found it a quite witty and apt joke, again you speak for everyone else. Don't speak for me Danny solo! The hint is in your username
    Quite fitting for your attention level that you gloss over "99% of people..." when going on to whine about people speaking for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Time to close this down its gone way off topic.

Quite fitting for your attention level that you gloss over "99% of people..." when going on to whine about people speaking for themselves.

I would probably put it at @ 95% Dan

You cant seem to tell the difference between a minor diversion while walking your dog and obstructing someone critically injured.
    Which also shows an astoundingly lack of joined up thinking when it is apparently no problem to obstruct those in wheelchairs (remember those you were so keen to tell us all about using the "footpath" earlier?) going about their business if you couldn't be arsed to park legally.
    Now I see everybody who uses footpaths are fit and healthy young lads out walking the dog. Sure. No oldies or disabled or babies in prams in this country!

• Advertisement

I would probably put it at @ 95% Dan
    Are you sure it isn't 95.127±1.204%? Have you done a t-test on that for significance? What's your sample size and power calculation? Are you still just making up stuff on the spot?

Are you sure it isn't 95.127±1.204%? Have you done a t-test on that for significance? What's your sample size and power calculation? Are you still just making up stuff on the spot?

Dan I didn't realise you were so smart, I'm outta here!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Any chance you two could get a room, it boring the balls of most of us here at this stage.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Dan I didn't realise you were so smart, I'm outta here!

Dan_Solo and cruiser, take a 3 day break from this thread please, post in here before that and i'll apply an "official" 3 day forum ban to your account. Thank you.

yop wrote: »
    Any chance you two could get a room, it boring the balls of most of us here at this stage.

Mind your own ****ing business!

<banned, mod>

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement