Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Le Mans Moto GP Results

• 19-05-2013 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

1. Dani Pedrosa
    2. Carl Crutchlow
    3. Marc Marquez

It seems like where technique and skill and finese are required there is oneone rider well haead of the rest. Another week to keep them quiet. Looked like the Marc the genius kept running off the track. I love it:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Pipz

Cal Crutchlow had a fantastic result, was absolutely delighted for him. Considering it was Marquez's first time on a gp bike in the wet I think he did a great job too.

Was a little suprised at Rossi coming off, as he's usually very good in wet conditions. Lorenzo was just unfortunate that his bike settings weren't correct. There was nothing else he could do except try and keep the bike upright. You could see his rear tyre spinning up every time he was exiting a corner.

Fair play to Pedrosa for the win, but I still don't think he's the most skilled rider out on track. My opinion would be that if Lorenzo's bike had been going well he'd have been a good bit ahead of Pedrosa.

I would say Rossi is sick to his stomach with the Ducati results this weekend. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Was one of the better races to watch....all the work Dovi did I would have liked him to nick the 3rd place. Felt sorry for Bradl going down again he is having a tough time of it lately after the good rookie season he had.

Alvaro B. again in the mix again....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Exactly what Cal needed to show his team boss that he's not one to let go of (and with a broken leg!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Exactly what Cal needed to show his team boss that he's not one to let go of (and with a broken leg!)
    Good result by Cal.
    Unfortunately his mouth has been a bigger impediment to career progress then the bike he is on.
    He should take a leaf from Dovi's book and just be quiet and get the job done.
    MotoGP isn't like SBK where everybody is just one big family. GP racing is business for the Corporates and being noisy doesn't pay.
    Japanese don't like being embarassed especially in public and the result could well be bad for his career.
    Marquez continues to amaze me with his speed and ability to learn.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Well Cal said to the BBC in Parc Ferme that Herve had a chance last week to get him to sign a contract,but he didnt approach him.

I think that Cal needs to talk less about matters like that,and just get on with racing the bike.

He also has hinted in some way that he might be off to another team for 2014...possibly Suzuki MotoGP.

He is a great rider and has balls of steel,but like the previous poster said,SBK isnt MotoGP.

MotoGP is a whole different ball game.
    Cal needs to remember that.

• Advertisement

If he rode like that all season when he had a contract then he would not need to be asking for one or talking about it on LIVE TV the PLEB!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭LottieP25

I don't like him, he thinks he is better than he is.

LottieP25 wrote: »
    I don't like him, he thinks he is better than he is.

I dont know about that...he is a classy rider and has got great skill. Not as good as them 2 on Eurosport think he is, my god they go on about about him!

He is prone to the odd mistake but that is because he is pushing it hard as opposed to say Abrams/Spies who are in their own mind better then they think.

If Cal did get a factory bike and learned to shut it he no doubt would be a contender for the championship just my 2c.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Lads Cal is exactly what MotoGP doesn't have enough of!

He's a normal guy, loves a laugh and tells it like it is.

In this age of emotionless, PR friendly robots he's one of the most likable guys in the paddock IMO.

Meh he may be funny but I just think he has a sense if entitlement.

It's more simoncelli like riders moto gp needs not cals IMO, it's seriously lacking since he passed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Xaime

It's more simoncelli like riders moto gp needs not cals IMO, it's seriously lacking since he passed.

So now it the target is Cal. I would much rather have Cal than Simoncelli who was a bit reckless at times. Besides Cal is a good laugh. Great result for him. Two weeks ago some people were already putting Dani on the dole- he proved them wrong. Hope Cal keeps it up.

Xaime wrote: »
    So now it the target is Cal. .

Wha???

Shur everyone has their own opinion , I don't like him, others do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I dont know about that...he is a classy rider and has got great skill. Not as good as them 2 on Eurosport think he is, my god they go on about about him!

It's only cos he's British! Jaysus they think the sun shines out of "Bradder's" arse and the guy should never have gotten a MotoGP bike! :rolleyes:
    KamiKazi wrote: »
    Lads Cal is exactly what MotoGP doesn't have enough of!

He's a normal guy, loves a laugh and tells it like it is.

In this age of emotionless, PR friendly robots he's one of the most likable guys in the paddock IMO.

I tend to agree, Cal is a character and there's not enough characters in the paddock.

Yes, imagine Simoncelli and Marquez going at it every week along with the other boys? Ah, if only....
    Xaime wrote: »
    I would much rather have Cal than Simoncelli who was a bit reckless at times. Besides Cal is a good laugh. Great result for him. Two weeks ago some people were already putting Dani on the dole- he proved them wrong. Hope Cal keeps it up.

Hmm, I'm mixed on this one because I like them both. Simo was a "character" too. Remember the press conference when Lorenzo told him to be careful about his riding style?

Simoncelli wasn't reckless, he was a racer. He saw a gap, he went for it. Just like Marquez does! Cal on the other hand - well I'd like to see him on a factory bike like he wants and see does he get on the top step. I reckon he would, he has balls of steel that lad! So it's a tough call.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Xaime

Simoncelly sometimes used to ride dangerously and put other riders at risk. This was not the first time he had had problems with other riders - I remember in Moto2 he had problems for the same reason. Towards the end he had calmed down quite a bit.

Advertisement