Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Radio Equipment I've spotted online but I'm not buying . . .

Options
  • 19-05-2013 2:36pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭

Similar threads to this work very well on some of the other forums, so why not kick one off here ?

New / Used Equipment can be from ebay, donedeal, anywhere really

As I'm not knowledgeable enough yet, I won't venture to suggest anything yet !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Bad idea unless a forum invisible from Sellers. This is a MUCH smaller community than for say TVs, Phones or Laptops.

We even put a special thread for people to link to their own sales as a compromise between that and not allowing ANY sales links.

Just my opinion based on Usenet and Forums since 1994... Can end badly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭Popular Hardback

Would have thought there is only so much equipment a person could buy. Just thought people might come across a piece of well priced equipment such as transceivers etc. when browsing that others might like. e.g. an expert might see some good beginner's equipment for sale that he's not interested in, or already has etc.

Seems to work very well on watches & timepieces forum (fairly small community ?) and on motoring forum (very large community obviously), but as you say may not work for amateur radio equipment. As you say, too few chasing too few perhaps.

Fair enough, I bow to your superior knowledge. :)

Mods feel free to close / delete thread if needs be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

Would have thought there is only so much equipment a person could buy.
    20120622052737!Rofl.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Yes, Eventually the Attic, Shed, Under the stairs, under the bed and rest of house gets full.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭brownmini

Would have thought there is only so much equipment a person could buy.

1. You can never have too much equipment.

2. If there is any problem refer to rule 1.

And yes...
    Martin's moving-GIF of yer-man rolling around the floor is a good one.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭Popular Hardback

There's also the adverts.ie sticky thread at the top of the forum for equipment.

Advertisement