Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

comlete newb,on live pp poker

Options
  • 19-05-2013 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭

So recently i had some free cash,on one of my online accounts,and while looking where to spend it found paddy power,always was interested in poker but never knew game rules,so made deposit and went straight into live poker,read the game rules,and it works out basic 21.
    So started placing my bets,and minutes later from 10e im 50e up :eek:,as greed gets better of me few bets later im down to 0.
    So anyway this got me thinking,what sort of poker i was playing the table was with 1e-unlimited bets,every card besides number cards/ace is 10-queen,joker king etc ?
    also it got to me that dealer always swipes cards and it gets printed on the screen,but most times card number appears before dealer even draws a card -lag ?Also in the deck theres always a white card,no card mixing or splitting appears on screen,as tried 5e table and card mixing was done in front of camera.
    So basically my question is ,is low stake table cards being counted,as most times dealer knows his hand and either way he will be the winner or hold higher hand then most on the table.
    Not looking to brag here or complain,as possibility of live poker is fascinating,but is the game fair or i was playing some phoney poker.
    as i know game of 21s but wouldn't have idea of other types of poker.
    Hope this doesn't sound to stupid to ask.thx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭OilBeefHooked2

scamalert wrote: »
    So recently i had some free cash,on one of my online accounts,and while looking where to spend it found paddy power,always was interested in poker but never knew game rules,so made deposit and went straight into live poker,read the game rules,and it works out basic 21.
    So started placing my bets,and minutes later from 10e im 50e up :eek:,as greed gets better of me few bets later im down to 0.
    So anyway this got me thinking,what sort of poker i was playing the table was with 1e-unlimited bets,every card besides number cards/ace is 10-queen,joker king etc ?
    also it got to me that dealer always swipes cards and it gets printed on the screen,but most times card number appears before dealer even draws a card -lag ?Also in the deck theres always a white card,no card mixing or splitting appears on screen,as tried 5e table and card mixing was done in front of camera.
    So basically my question is ,is low stake table cards being counted,as most times dealer knows his hand and either way he will be the winner or hold higher hand then most on the table.
    Not looking to brag here or complain,as possibility of live poker is fascinating,but is the game fair or i was playing some phoney poker.
    as i know game of 21s but wouldn't have idea of other types of poker.
    Hope this doesn't sound to stupid to ask.thx

Sounds like you were playing blackjack, keep at it and you're sure to improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

im such a noob,yes it was BlackJack,not poker.Just proved myself being total idiot of not even seeing difference between the two :cool:

Advertisement