Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jagged Alliance: Flashback Kickstarter

Options
  • 19-05-2013 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2079547763/jagged-alliance-flashback

They're looking for $350K and are currently at ~$243K with 4 days left. If you're a fan of the franchise or of turn based tactical shooters, you should check it out.
    Jagged Alliance: Flashback is our vision of returning a once critically acclaimed franchise back to its roots, it's not a reboot, it's a reset!

Our main goal is to bring back the tactical turn-based action that the original Jagged Alliance games are known for - the game was a thinking man's game, a thinking man with lots of guns!

The games were unique in their blend of tactical turn-based action, controlling and maintaining squads of mercenaries, off and on the battlefield. As a player the decisions you made had a direct impact on how you played the game. Additionally, over-the-top personalities, memorable characters and role-playing elements made the games difficult to put away once you were hooked.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Jilm

*Bump*

24 hours to go; $319K raised, only $31K more needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

With 7 hours to go, it's been funded. Though I get the feeling that they were ready to throw some money from from other sources in in the last few hours, to make sure they did it. Still, I'm happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Great news so. I LOVE JA2. One of my favourites games ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Jilm

$368,614 all done. They're still accepting donations through paypal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

If it's anything like JA2 with the 1.13 patch/mod I'll be very happy indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

If it's anything like JA2 with the 1.13 patch/mod I'll be very happy indeed.

How easy is it to patch up to 1.13 steam version? Is it unofficial, right? with 1024x768 resolution?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

How easy is it to patch up to 1.13 steam version? Is it unofficial, right? with 1024x768 resolution?

Been a while since I played it. I had the GoG version running perfectly in 1920x1080.

1.13 is a mod/unofficial patch. I can't remember if 1.13 lets you set a higher resolution or now, it might have been an additional fix. If you can't set your resolution higher than 1024x768 in the 1.13 .ini file, google a fix.

Found this guide for doing it in steam:

1.Go here: http://ja2v113.pbworks.com/w/page/4218334/Downloads

2. Scroll down a bit and first download "Current official Release Version: Build: 4452, 27 May 2011"

2b. Make sure to download it into
    Program files>Steam>SteamApps>Common>Jagged Alliance 2

3. Then download "Current official Update Version: Build: 4552, 01 July 2011" from the same webpage to the same folder.

Edit: I'm going to have to reinstall this and play it again now after thinking about it... never did manage to finish the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Soooooo, I only found out about this last night while browsing steam.
    Are any of you backers playing the early access?

Advertisement