Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

transition year work experience

Options
  • 19-05-2013 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

for transition year each studient in my year must do work experience (2 weeks/one week at a time) i am very interested in computers and art and would be internest in doing one or both of the following for my work experience.but i am finding it really hard to find a place that will do work experience i was thinking maybe microsoft or dell or intel or maybe google?? do these companies even do work experience ?.im am currently finishing my junior cycle and are doing subjects maths (o) enlish (o) geography (H) religion (H) home ec (H) art (H) music (o) and history (H) and Italian (o) NOTE i dont do irish as i have an expection NOTE - 100 % irish ;)

i know that i need business studys if i want to do IT as a career , i have spoke to my schools business teacher and will be taking business studys for leaving cert instead of music ( i hate it so much ).please note for transition year we have an added class of IT.

one last thing im desperate and am not picky were i do it or who its with once its computers or art.

thanks for reading my spech reply soon! if wishing to see my CV or for more info contact <email snipped>

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

I'm making my CV when I get my JC results. You can work whenever, doesn't exactly have to be organised by the school, but best to start applying when you have some sort of qualification(Junior Cert). I'm also interested to work with computers. I'm going to try to work at Google or Ebay for computers(I've heard they offer spots). I'd really love to work in an Embassy, I love travelling and huge passion in other cultures, so that's what i'm aiming. I've e-mailed the Italian Embassy, i've asked them if they offer places(It's worth a try to ask and check if they do offer places).

Also as for Microsoft, it's very competitive, they don't offer work experince but offer a very useful course. You need top results to get into it ^.^. I remember reading that usually about 400 students apply every year and something like 70 only get in. Also, if you want to top notch your CV, DCU offer courses during the year, again, it's very competitive but it'll point you towards the right direction if you're interested in Medicine, Genetics, Computers, or like me, Psychology :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 niamh boylan

Hi just wondering does working in a primary school count as social work as, in my school everyone has to do 2 weeks of social work experience. people in school were saying you can work anywhere for those 2 weeks once the place doesnt make money. Would a primary school be suitable?

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭positivealf

Hi just wondering does working in a primary school count as social work as, in my school everyone has to do 2 weeks of social work experience. people in school were saying you can work anywhere for those 2 weeks once the place doesnt make money. Would a primary school be suitable?

I would say so but you would have to stand out considering that everyone in your school had the same social work experience.

Advertisement