Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Network/Plan for Heavy Data Usage?

Options
  • 19-05-2013 6:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

I'm planning to get a Nexus 4 and I'm going to need a decent data plan with a decent usage amount (>5GB at least would be nice).
    I'd also like something relatively cheap, and I'm fine with either Bill Pay/Prepay with a monthly addon purchase.

Some of the plans I was looking at were:

Three.ie - Prepay - EUR20/month
    Unlimited Data
    Unlimited Any Network Texts
    Unlimited Any Network Calls
    http://www.three.ie/products_services/priceplans/prepay/index.html

eMobile - Bill Pay Select Unlimited Online Offer - EUR32/month
    15GB Data
    Unlimited Any Network Texts
    Unlimited Any Network Calls
    http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/plans/postpay/

Meteor - Bill Pay Build Your Own - EUR30/month
    5.1GB Data
    Unlimited Meteor Texts
    250 Any Network Texts
    https://store.meteor.ie/rolling-30

The Three one seems too good to be true and the eMobile one is pretty good too. Are there any hidden things I'm missing, and what's the quality of their networks like? I've heard some bad things about Three's network coverage. I live in South Dublin. Appreciate any help you guys can give me! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Get a prepay sim with three to try the coverage first, you shouldn't really have problems in dublin.

You do get 15gb for the €20 with 3000 texts, weekend calls and three calls. You still have the €20 to spend so its a good plan

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Three speeds here in D14 and surrounding areas, and even in Skerries, are fine. Got 12Mb down in my back garden recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 JackHarley

Just noticed Three's offer expires on 31 December 2013 in the small print so it's not a very long term solution. I'm leaning towards the eMobile plan or possibly going with Three for now and switching next year if they discontinue this offer and don't give a better new one. The eMobile one also advertises itself as being for life.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

JackHarley wrote: »
    Just noticed Three's offer expires on 31 December 2013 in the small print so it's not a very long term solution. I'm leaning towards the eMobile plan or possibly going with Three for now and switching next year if they discontinue this offer and don't give a better new one. The eMobile one also advertises itself as being for life.

It could be extended, it has already been extended twice iirc.

If it does end, its no big deal to switch to something better down the line. This applies to all networks once you have a sim free phone

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yeah, theyve extended it and AFAIK thats only new customers, once you're on it you can keep it until they decide to recall the plan entirely(they wont, they'd lose half their customers in a heartbeat).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

JackHarley wrote: »

If you're in it you are in. Just means no one else can sign up for it after that date. I was on a great old o2 bill pay tariff. Unlimited data, unlimited o2 calls and texts and 60 anytime minutes to any network, landline and 250 any network texts for €39 per month. They tried their best to get me off that when the 18 months was up and selling me other tariffs telling me they were better value and I won every time and stayed on it.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 JackHarley

If you're in it you are in. Just means no one else can sign up for it after that date. I was on a great old o2 bill pay tariff. Unlimited data, unlimited o2 calls and texts and 60 anytime minutes to any network, landline and 250 any network texts for €39 per month. They tried their best to get me off that when the 18 months was up and selling me other tariffs telling me they were better value and I won every time and stayed on it.:D

The Three offer is a Prepay "top up every 30 days and you get this" offer so it's not like Bill pay where you can remain on the plan forever (sadly)

Advertisement